24

Serena
"I love you." He whispered into my hair as he held me close to his chest. "I'm so happy that you're here."

I smiled as I listened to him.

He spoke as he pressed kisses on my forehead and my crown. "Whether you end up with me or not, I love you, Serena."

I squeezed his body as I attempted to bring myself closer to him even though I knew it wasn't possible. I wanted to utter the same words as he did to me but I couldn't get the words out. I feel like he knows that I love him but I want him to be one hundred percent sure, no question about it.

"Grayson," I muttered into his chest. "I'm sorry."

I felt the vibrations of his voice as he hummed. "For what?"

"Not being able to tell you." He chuckled softly.

"Serena, I'm not telling you I love you in hopes of a response back. I don't need you to confirm anything for me, I just want you to know how much I love you so you don't have to apologize." He pressed another kiss onto my crown as I squeezed him tighter.

"Thank you."

"No problem, Flower."

...

I went home while Grayson was working. I also decided that I needed to go back to work before I was fired.

I grabbed my keys and ran my fingers through my hair as I looked around to make sure I had everything. I flat ironed my hair on a whim that I regretted halfway through as I forgot how much hair I actually have.

I thought it would be a good idea so that I wouldn't have to cornrow or twist or braid my hair but in the long run, maintaining a flat iron is not fun and definitely not easier.

When I got to work, I was greeted by yelling and the sounds of things being thrown around.

"Hey," I walked over to one of my coworkers who was aggressively setting up the bar. "What's happening?"

"Thank God, you're here. That fucking perv has been throwing a fit about you not being here so everybody has been arguing for like three days."

I scrunched my face up as I looked towards the yelling.

"Don't just stand there, go tell him you're here!" She waved me off before going back to setting up.

"Hey," I knocked on the slightly cracked door.

"What!" I jumped slightly as Aiden appeared in front of me. "Oh, hey Serena." His eyes softened and a creepy smile that tried to disguise itself as friendly appeared on his face. 

"Hey...I just wanted to let you know I was here. I texted your mom about my absence too.."

He chewed on his bottom lip and nodded at me.

"Well ya know, three days of no-call-no-show, so I have to fire you,"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as his eyes assaulted my body.

"But...if you let me take you out, I think we can make an exception."

I stood in front of him, shocked that I was right about what he was going to ask me. Fucking pervert.

"What'd you say?"

My eyes widened as my hand slapped over my mouth. "Oh my god," I mumbled.

He chuckled pushing himself off the wall.

"Since we know how you truly feel, I don't think you'll be right for our company. You should go ahead and pack your things." He slid past me and began to walk towards the front.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, Aiden. Just don't keep going on your stupid little power trip while I'm gone."

He stopped in his tracks. "What did you say?" He stormed his way toward me, his little face burning red.

"You fucking whore," in one swift motion, he slapped me across my cheek.  "Don't you ever talk about your superiors like that again. I'll make sure that you never work in this industry, you hear me?!"

I held my cheek as I thought about the tingling pain.

"Aiden." I looked up at him, a soft look in my eyes. "Don't ever and I mean ever put your fucking hands on me."

He chuckled, raising his hand to take another swing.

He was too slow.

My fist popped out and hit him in the nose. He fell backward and I stepped over him, looking down as he tried to slide away while holding his bloody and contorted nose.

"I'll make sure you never, and I mean never, work in this industry or any industry again." He stared up at me like a baby deer would stare at a hunter.

"You're fucking fired Serena Papillo!" I rolled my eyes as I stepped over him.

"Oh no," I said sarcastically "you mean to tell me I can get unemployment? Gee golly, I'm spooked."

I continued out of the bar, saying goodbye to the doorman on my way out of the hotel.

I pulled out my phone and called my dad to let him know I'm bringing them some dinner.

"Serena?" I ignored the voice as I didn't recognize it. You will never catch me acknowledging an unfamiliar voice, that's how you get killed. "Serena, I know it's you." They said in a cheerful tone, with a twinge of annoyance.

I began to walk off, completely ignoring them as they called after me.

"Ok, bitch. That's enough." I scrunched up my eyebrows as I was flung backward and into this person's face.

"I don't know who you think I am but I'm not who you're calling for." I pulled my arm away and backed away slowly, keeping my eyes on them.

My eyes widened when they reached behind their back and pulled something out, pointing it at me.

"Follow me or I'll fucking kill you right here."

For fucks sake.

Please remember to vote and comment on the chapter!