6

Grayson
"Mr. Vankaro, you know what you are saying right?" I glanced over at my lawyer, Tommy, his eyes filled with worry and excitement.

"Of course, I know, Tommy," I said lowly before looking away from him. "I'm not giving her shit." I stood up and pushed my chair back under the table.

My slicked-back hair was beginning to fall apart, strands of hair falling in my eyes. "Do what you have to but that bi.." I closed my eyes and sighed. "She's not getting anything Tommy. Make sure to tell her that too." I walked towards the tiny man, resting my hand on his shoulder as I walked past and out of the meeting room.

My thumb grazed over my eyebrow as I walked towards the exit, my other hand resting in my pants pocket.

I was sick of this bullshit. So sick, I almost thought about just staying married to her so I didn't have to go through this anymore but I don't need her being able to call me her husband anymore. That's torture worse than hell.

"Grayson!" I ignored the loud clicking and shouting coming my way. Her name echoed through the courthouse as her mother called out for her. "Grayson! I know you hear me!" I stopped as I felt pressure against my back.

I turned to see a tiny brunette woman, fighting for air, her face streaked with tears but not a particle of mascara out of place.

Her long, tight, dark green dress showed off her petite and slightly curvy shape. Emilia was shorter than me, much shorter than me. I know I'm seven feet but Emilia only reached 5 foot 4.

"What the hell do you think you're doing huh?" Her tiny, perfectly manicured hands pushed into my chest.

"What are you talking to me for Emilia." Her eyebrows furrowed as she stared up at me.

"You know what you're doing. I get that your fucking mad at me but taking everything!? I worked for our shit too Gray!" I scoffed and turned to leave. "Don't walk off Grayson!"

"Goodby Emilia," I said lowly. She hasn't changed. I mean what can you expect, really? After ten years of marriage, not once did I see that girl even attempt to work.

"I'm not letting you get anything Gray! I'll run you into the fucking depths of hell!" Her heels clacked as she continued to chase me out of the courthouse. Her mood changed as she grabbed onto my blazer sleeve, sobbing as she stared up at me.

"Please, Gray. I don't have anything. I don't even have you anymore, please..." she begged as tears ran down her face. "You can't leave me like this. Think about our children..." my jaw clenched as my teeth ground together.

I glanced up at the sky, pausing at the top of the stairs of the courthouse. The wind blew around her floral and sweetly scented perfume, the exact one I bought her for her birthday two years ago.

The one she hated and refused to wear despite my begging for her to even try it out.

It took me three days to pick out one I knew she would like. Nothing was good enough for my wife. Not even myself.

"Don't. Bring them up like you gave a shit Em." I pulled my sleeve away as she continued to sob, her lips forming into a pout as she squinted up at me. "It's done. I gave you the best I could for ten got damn years, I'm never giving you anything ever again. Not even the fucking time." Her pretty, artificially pink cheeks turned bright red, her eyes still producing her pretty tears.

And for the last time, I got to see my crybaby wife.

I walked home, the fresh air helped me not to feel so confined. I had zero interest in drinking right now but that's the only thing I could think of doing.

Going to that bar with the club across the hallway, and the dorky girl who speaks to herself out loud while bartending didn't sound too bad.

I walked on, releasing the bottom button of my blazer as I continued to walk. I was earning stares from too many people and for some reason, I could only chalk it up to because I was a firefighter but how would they know that?

I'm also abnormally tall so that may be it.

"Hey, excuse me, sir." I looked down, my hair falling over my eyes and releasing from the once slicked do. I pushed my hair back to reveal a man with round glasses and a nice smile. He was dressed well in a black and white outfit, matched with a vest.

"Have you ever considered modeling? You would be the perfect candidate." He smiled almost sinisterly.

I chuckled lightly before nodding my head in a dismissive manner. "Nah. I don't think it's for me. But thanks." I turned to walk off only to be stopped by his hand brushing against my arm.

"Then what do you do? You could really truly make a lot of money if you just think about it." He chuckled nervously, the Sinister smile disappearing.

"I'm a firefighter and I am very satisfied with my job." He sighed before allowing me to go.

I've always been stared at but I've never been approached, first time for everything.

...

"Hey, hun. Whatcha doin' here tonight?" I approached the bar where Serena could be seen smiling as she handed out drinks.

She looked a lot less tired than usual, her smile brighter than the bar lights.

I sat at the end of the bar and watched, my hair falling over my eyes almost making it look as if she was going in slow motion.

I wonder what dumbass joke she's gonna tell me.

I wonder why I'm waiting for her to talk to me.