28

Serena
"Christy, I can't zip it up," I shouted through the door.

My hands clawed at my back as I fought for the zipper.

"I'm comin'" she busted through the door, wide-eyed and with a smile on her face. "Serena!"

I stared at her slightly confused, my hands stuck behind my back. "What's wrong?"

She gasped as she put her hands up to her mouth, jumping up and down like a child. "You look gorgeous!" She squealed.

"Thank you Christy but I would like to have the dress on when he gets here so please help me, yea?"

She nodded and I turned away from her.

I pulled my hair to the side as she held the dress together, smoothly gliding the zipper up the back.

She spun me around, the widest child-like smile on her face. "Serena. Babe, you look so gorg."

"Thank you, Christy. I'm glad you think so..." I turned to face my mirror, worry settling in on my features. "You don't think it's too much right? I mean I don't really know much about-"

"Don't do that, S. You look gorgeous and I'm sure that anybody who sees you would think the same." She held into my shoulders as she pressed a kiss to my cheek.

I glided my hands down the sides of the dark champagne-colored dress that sparkled under the light. It was long and trailed out at the bottom, almost like a mermaid-style dress.

I stared at my reflection, my worry turning to guilt as I thought about Grayson.

I am going to meet his parents tonight...And I'm not even with him.

He treats me as well as anybody could treat somebody and I can't even be with him. How do you explain that to somebody's parents? I'm sure I wouldn't have to but people ask a lot of questions, a lot of questions that I do not have the best answers to.

What if they ask about my job? How I ended up being a bartender? I don't have to tell them the small details right? Just up until a few years ago...that's it, Serena. Don't think too much. You're ok.

Three loud knocks.

"Ok Hunny bunny, let's go meet your handsome man." Christy placed her hands on my waist as she guided me out of the bathroom.

We walked as she dusted the bottom of my dress, smoothing it out and making sure there were no out-of-place pieces.

I opened the door to reveal a scraped-up Grayson, with a wide smile, slicked-back hair with those strands I love, and a perfectly fitted black tux.

I hummed as I reached for his face, my thumb grazed over the scratches.

"What happened?"

"You look absolutely gorgeous."

We both spoke over one another, our voices almost sounding like one if it weren't for his deep and huskier tone.

"Thank you, Grayson," I said softly, my hand finally dropping from his face. "What happened." He smiled as he stepped past me and into my apartment.

"Don't worry about that -Hi Christy- I'll tell you later." He wiped his hand over his mouth as he stared down at me. "Are you ready, beautiful?"

"Hello" she sang, walking off.

I slightly squinted at him, his avoidance of my question making me more curious.

"Yea," I said with slight suspicion in my voice.

He rested his hand on my lower back, subtly but quickly hurrying me toward the door. "Amazing. Thank you Christy for taking care of my flower, have a good night."

I chuckled lightly as I waved back at Christy, already being pushed out the door.

We walked toward his car, I ignore his very obvious almost heart-shaped stares.

"Grayson," I turned to look up at him, a slight smirk on my face. "You don't have to keep staring at me." He stopped, his eyes widening and his hand frozen as if he was still holding on to me.

I chuckled as I stepped back toward him.

"You look so sad and mean all the time," I cupped his cheek with my hand, my thumb brushing over his cheekbone. "who would've thought you'd be like a puppy."

He let out a shallow breath.

"Serena, puppies don't fuck like I do."

My eyes widened slightly at his hollow and husky voice, slight notes of begging hidden.

I would like to be surprised—I am— but I'm having flashbacks to when I was doing sinful things on his lap so this, can't surprise me.

He continued to stare at me, his eyes forgetting to hide his seduction and continuing to beg for my approval of whatever he planned on doing. They were low and somber as if something I had only caught glimpses of consumed him.

I almost couldn't speak as shivers ran up and down my spine. If I would've heard anybody else say that, I would've laughed but for some reason, I was having the complete opposite reaction.

I glanced between his lips and his eyes as I tried to find words. I was so flustered for no reason and I don't know what to do after this.

I could tell Grayson noticed my confusion, his passionate eyes flickering off like they were changed with a switch.

His voice, not so much.

"Come on, Flower." He held the back of
My head as he pressed a long kiss on my forehead. "Don't want to be late, yea? Have to show you off as much as possible." He flashed me a charming smile.

"Yea."

...

Grayson took my hand as he lifted me from the car, my heart beating out of my chest at the thought of meeting his family. What made it worse was the fact that Grayson didn't tell me he lived in a fucking mansion.

"I would've dressed better if I'd known I'd be like a royal ball, Grayson." He chuckled as he slammed the door and placed his hand on my lower back.

"Trust me, Serena, you out-dressed anybody here tonight."

I glanced up at him, a worried look on my face and a loving look on his.

"Ok." I cleared my throat as he began to walk, my fingers clutching the purse tightly.

We approached the mansion with the group of arriving guests. Bright yellow lights lined the walkways and a beautifully groomed garden lined every inch of the yard. It looked as if I was in a Disney movie. Everything is in pristine condition, not a leaf or stem out of place.

When we walked inside, it was even better.

Crystal chandeliers lined the mural-painted ceiling, our reflections bouncing off the floors and walls almost as if they were mirrors. Large yellow and white potted plants and flowers decorate the corners. Just the beginning of the home was decorated as if it was meant for royalty, what would the rest look like?

"Grayson, this is amazing," I said lowly, his fingers slightly clinging onto me.

"You should see my roo-"

"Grayson?"

I know that tiny voice and by the way Grayson's fingers were attempting to absorb into my skin, I know he knows that tiny voice too.

Please remember to vote and comment on the chapter!