Extra 3

Serena
I sighed as I sat and waited for Grayson to be released. I was very upset and not particularly at Grayson and I'm not actually upset that he got arrested but more upset about how he got arrested.

Three Hours Ago
"Grayson, do you want to try almond milk? I don't really like it but I know milk doesn't always agree with you and you love cere-"

"Yea yea."

I paused at his rushed response before slowly turning around to be greeted with his large back in my face which isn't normal. He's usually clinging onto me as we shop, his chest never leaving my back, so why is he facing away from me?

"What's wrong?" I peered over his large arm, trying to pinpoint what he was looking at.

Then I saw him. The pretty face and low eyes that belonged to no other than Vermouth.

"What's he staring for, Serena? Do you know him?" He glanced down at me and I hesitated to answer. I was unsure if I should tell him that's who I got into a fight with that one time.

"Uh...almond milk might be a good idea ya know?" I retreated behind him, my heart slightly beating faster as he turned around and gently grabbed my arm.

"You can get Almond milk but you need to tell me who that is." I stared up at the determined and suspicious man in front of me, my eyes almost wanting to shut from fear.

"I...I uh-"

"Do not be scared of me, Serena. There is nothing to be scared of, I promise. I just want to know." His voice was soft and I knew I could believe him and I know he wouldn't hurt me but it doesn't stop me from being slightly scared.

I'm not scared of strangers, I'm scared of people I know whether I need to be or not. I don't know if that's a trauma thing or if that's just a Serena thing but it's true.

My face softened as I stared into his eyes, his puppy dog look forcing me to confess. "He's the guy I fought that one time.."

"Oh...ok." I watched slightly in fear as Grayson's back straightened out and I swore he rose an extra foot taller than he already stood. "I'll be back, Flower." He placed his hand behind my head as he gently pressed a kiss on my forehead.

"Gray- Grayson!" I watched as Grayson walked over to the pale man staring daggers at him.

I wanted to stop him but something inside me prevented me from even moving toward him. Maybe it was his determination or maybe a piece of me wanted him to do something.

"Fuck, Molly might fire him." I speed walked through the store over to the two men who looked like they were speaking civilly.

"Grayson!-" I gasped as I reached them right before Grayson's fist almost punched a hole through Vermouth's cheek.

Grayson knelt in front of the whimpering Vermouth who was curled up on the white tile floor.

"Don't you ever lay a fucking hand on her again. If I even catch your bitch ass around her, I'll fucking bury you. You fucking hear me?" Grayson's voice was low, so low it was almost a whisper that you could only hear because of the vibrations.

"Grayson." I tugged on his arm as he rose up, bystanders standing around us in shock, unsure of what to do about the situation.

"Are you ok?" He murmured, his hand pressed against my cheek as he stared down at me as if I was the one who was hit.

"Why...why wouldn't I be? What'd you do that for, Grayson?"

"He hurt you, Flower. It's only fair." He pressed a kiss to my forehead before guiding me back over to our cart. "You wanted Almond milk right?"

I stared up at him in disbelief as I held his hand and slowly realized that this beautiful, amazing man in front of me that showed me nothing but passion and kindness was crazy in the worst ways. He was- is crazy in love. And that's not something you can fix.

"Put your hands up!" Grayson pushed me behind him as at least four cops surrounded him with their guns out, fear shaking in their eyes.

"Grayson..." I held on tightly to the back of his shirt, his hand holding onto my arm.

"Step away from the woman and get on the ground!"

I could hear the fear in their voices, all four of them much shorter and smaller than Grayson in every way.

I watched as Grayson lifted his hands in the air and slowly stepped forward and away from me. I wanted to grab for him, fear building in the pit of my stomach.

He got down on his knees, his head dropping down as they rushed toward him, one replacing their gun with a taser instead of holstering like the rest.

"Don't!-" I watched as Grayson barely moved, the slightly buzzing being the only noise.

I watched as two of the cops pushed him down on the ground and knelt on his back, the other struggling to put him in handcuffs.

"You're going to hurt him!" I yelped, tears forming in my eyes as I fidgeted with the ring on my finger.

"Stay back ma'am!"

I watched as they bounces slightly off of Grayson as he twitched at the sound of me being yelled at.

They struggled to lift him up and onto his knees then up on his feet.

"Grayson!" I followed behind them as he easily turned around to face me as if they weren't in control of him at all.

"I love you, you'll be ok."

"Step back ma'am before we arrest you too!"

"You're not touching shit on her."

I struggled to kiss Grayson as they continued to attempt to haul him off.

"I love you, Flower. See you soon." He flashed me an unworried smile as he let them take him out of the store.

Now
I stood up as Grayson walked out from the back of the police station, a smile on his face as he kept his eyes on me.

"Hey, flower." He leaned down and picked me from the ground as he engulfed me in a bear hug.

"Never again, don't ever do that again." I peppered kisses across his neck as I held on to him tightly.

Yea it's only been three hours but the thought of not even having the option to see him hurt me. Imagine what people go through with the person they love being in jail for years.

"Yea...just not in public."

I chuckled as he held me tighter.

"I love you," I murmured into his neck as he carried me out.

"I love you more."

Thank you so much for reading Extra 3! I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you for reading and I hope to be able to get another (and possibly final) extra out for you all at 25 votes!