27

Serena
I sighed as I threw my keys onto my counter. I was a thousand percent ready to pass out fully clothed but I have to clean my apartment.

I have not been home as much as I used to be as I have been living in Grayson's space for days. I would like to say that I know he's tired of me, but knowing him, he's not.

I trudged towards my room, smoothing down my slightly puffy roots.

I turned my light on and stared at the mess in front of me. I don't know what I was doing before I left that could've led to this, but it wasn't good.

"...I'll clean...tomorrow." I turned around and turned my light off before shutting my door and going back into my living room.

The couch is so comfy. Especially when I'm being lazy.

I decided I was going to make a salad for dinner considering my lack of groceries and what was left being the stuff Grayson bought for me when I was sick.

Mid salad prep when my phone rang and for some reason, it felt louder than usual.

"Hello," I murmured as I held the phone between my ear and shoulder. 

"Serena?"

I nodded, rolling my eyes when I realized that's not how phone calls work.

"Who is this? Sounds like I know you."

A deep chuckle rang through the phone my mind instantly connecting who it was.

"It's Grayson. I called to ask you for a favor."

I took a fork full of my yummy salad as I walked towards the couch and contemplated accepting. I don't trust favors but I realized it's Grayson, how bad could it be?

"Yea, of course."

He stayed silent for a moment, not a sound coming through. I almost believed he hung up until I heard a deep and nervous-sounding sigh.

"If you say no, that's fine. I just wanted to ask first, okay?"

Once again, I nodded.

"Oh oh, yea. Go ahead, big man."

He chuckled slightly.

"My family decided that they wanted to have a...party. I want you to come with me."

I coughed as a piece of spinach flew down my throat. I set the phone down as I beat myself in the chest, resisting the urge to throw up on my floor.

"Fucking hell!" I cleared my throat as I tried to catch my breath. "Geez..." I wiped my watering eyes before picking up the phone again.

"Sorry, Grayson. Yea, sure. I can come with you." I chewed my salad cautiously as I waited for a response. "Little gray?" I sang.

"I'm here."

I paused. "Ok. Well...what do you want me to wear?" The line stayed silent. "Grayson?"

Three loud knocks rang through my apartment. I set my phone down and got up to answer it.

I looked up at the skyscraper of a man, confused about if I was really seeing him.

"Grayson?"

He smiled a tired smile down at me, his eyes low but lighting up.

"Hi, Serena." He said softly. His voice sounded like a kid greeting somebody after a long nap.

"What're you doing here." I chuckled lightly, stepping aside to let him in.

"I told you I was here." He laid down on my couch, throwing an arm over his eyes.

I stared down at him, placing my hands on his legs as they dangled over the edge of the couch. "Didn't know that that's what you meant, Grayson."

"I'm sorry. I'm just really tired..." His voice was low almost as if he was already sleeping.

"Oh ok. That makes sense." I said sarcastically. "Grayson. I didn't clean and my hair is puffing up, I'm also sure your bed is much better than anything I have here."

He sighed as he lifted his arm slightly to peek at me. "Little flower," he said lowly, lowering his arm onto his face again. "I don't think you should tell me these things."

I put my knees on the arm of the couch and leaned over on top of him, a smile spreading across his face when I plopped down onto his body.

"Why not sir Grayson?"

His lips curled in slightly as if he was holding in a laugh before rolling back out into a tired smirk.

"Because I'll find more things to love about you despite the hour-long list I've made."

A smile slowly spread across my face as my eyes narrowed the wider it got. He wrapped his arm around my lower waist as he took a deep breath.

"Let's sleep now. I'll help you clean later before work. Just want to sleep..."

I hummed and laid my head on his chest.

"And Serena,"

I hummed, keeping my eyes closed.

In the lowest, softest, most comforting, and loving voice I've ever heard he whispered: "there will never be anything better than sleeping with you."

My body froze at his words. I'm sure I even stopped breathing.

I held him as tightly as I could and tried my best to escape into his chest.

"Goodnight, Grayson."

"Goodnight, Serena."

Please remember to vote and comment on the chapter!