Extra 4 (Finale part 1)

Serena
After they let Grayson go, I didn't let him leave my side. He didn't protest of course, but I still had this pit in my stomach. I had no interest in having it grow larger so I felt like I needed to keep this man near me.

That was five months ago and that pit hasn't gone away. Even after they let him go with a "warning", because he's a firefighter, and just a hundred hours of community service, this pit still sits at the very bottom of my stomach.

Now we are getting married and I'm not sure what this pit means anymore.

"Stop staring off like that, S." 

I snapped out of my nervous trance and looked up at Christy through the white vanity mirror in front of me. Christy shined a bright smile at me as her purple-streaked blonde hair fell over her face.

"You look beautiful and today is going to go great." She held my chin in her hands and forced me to look at myself. "And I did your hair perfectly so you should just trust that the rest will go well." She pecked my cheek and walked off.

"Thank you, Christy. I appreciate this, something just feels wrong." I murmured as she brought the large black sleeve that my dress was in from the bathroom.

"Nothing is going to go wrong. You have the perfect man, you and I planned the perfect wedding, and you are the perfect bride. There is nothing that could go wrong, now let's get dressed."

I giggled as she pulled me from the chair and excitedly got me dressed, carefully not to mess up anything that she did as she has already spent seven and a half hours doing everything by herself despite my telling her she didn't have to.

I smiled as I watched her excitement. She and Grayson were probably more excited than me and believe me, I've never been more nervous and excited about something, not even when papa told me that I could stay with him for as long as I wanted.

"You girls ready?" Papa peaked into the room, his hands pressed against his chest.

"Yea, almost...Do you wanna come see?"

"Of course ladybug but I'm about to walk you down-" he paused as I turned to face him, the nervous smile teetering on my face as I watched his face freeze.

"My word... you look gorgeous ladybug." I watched as a single tear rolled down his cheek, that tear enough to roll down the floodgates.

"Don't cry!" Christy shouted as I cried. "Lord. We shouldn't have let you in." She mumbled as she held a tissue close to my eye.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. You really do look beautiful, my love." He smiled at me as I sniffled and he cupped my face.

"Tha-thank you, papa." I hiccuped through my happy tears.

He smiled at me, his mustache almost looking as if it was smiling too. "You're getting married baby doll." He spoke lowly, the wrinkles around his eyes showing true happiness.

I nodded softly as I tried to pull myself together. "I'm getting married."

"Yea and y'all have to leave this room so she can do that."

We chuckled at Christy as she tried to fix the little mess up's from my tears.

I was nervous but for a second, that pit in my stomach was gone. I was going to marry him. The love and light of my life.

"You ready?"

I nodded and took a deep breath as I held tightly onto papas arm.

"I'm ready."

The large white doors opened in front of us to reveal sheer white curtains opening at my entrance to reveal the white carpet laid out in the aisle.

The venue was picked out by Grayson. He was adamant about choosing what he thought was the perfect place and I can't deny, it might be.

Large crystal lights hung from the ceiling that was covered with white and pink hydrangeas that Christy picked out, some of the petals gently fluttering from the ceiling. The aisle was lined with guests, some I couldn't even recognize, in white chairs lined with gold and lilac vines.

Despite the many beautiful flowers and gold and purple decorations I couldn't have even imagined myself being able to see at my own wedding, the most important part was waiting for me at the end of the aisle, a large and unapologetically excited smile on his face.

My Grayson, dressed in an amazing black tux that made him stand out against all the white, was waiting for me to tell him that I would be his wife for the rest of our lives and I've never been more excited.

I walked slowly with papa as the music played and people I knew and hadn't seen in my entire life watched me with smiles but the only smile that I could focus on was his. Despite all of my nervousness, his look was melting it all away as if it didn't exist to begin with.

As we got closer, I noticed his tears as his eyes turned slightly red. He didn't try to hide the tears or push them away, it seemed he was too busy smiling to even know they were there.

He held my hands in his as his thumb glided over my knuckles.

I wish I could tell you I heard what the minister said but I didn't. I couldn't possibly listen while I was staring up at him and his beautiful bright eyes. There was not a hint of sadness in my Graysons eyes and I couldn't help but only focus on them.

When I knew I had to listen and couldn't melt under Grayson's stare anymore, I had to almost look away from him.

"Grayson and Serena, are you ready to proclaim that foundation of love for one another in the sight of the heavens and these witnesses?"

"Yes," we both muttered, his sounding a little more muffled than mine.

"Grayson, do you take Serena to be your lawfully wedded wife? Will you honor and cherish her; love, trust, and commit to her, through joy and pain, sickness and health, and whatever life may throw at you both, until death do you part?"

"I do." He smiled, his eyes slightly lowering as he continued to cry and his grip tightened on my hands.

"Serena, do you take Grayson to be your lawfully wedded husband? Will you honor and cherish him; love, trust, and commit to him, through joy and pain, sickness and health, and whatever life may throw at you both, until death do you part?"

"I do."

OKAY! I had to break this finale into two parts because it was getting too long so I hope you enjoy this and I will see you next chapter for the ACTUAL final part. Thank you for reading ❤️