40

Serena
His hands shook as they slowly approached my face, his lips trembling slightly as his eyes stayed on mine.

"Grayson...what are you saying."

His hands cupped my cheeks as he tried to collect himself, his desperate eyes suffocating me under their passionate glare.

"I love you, Serena. You know I love you but I need you to realize that you are all I really love and I mean really love. I can't sleep without you and I can barely breathe when I can't see you, Serena. I would light myself on fire a million times for you, run into a billion more burning buildings for you, Serena. I would burn for you...Serena." He paused as his hands shook against my tear-soaked cheeks.

"I don't know what Emilia said to you but I promise you that there is nothing I love more than you."

I choked as I stared up at him through my blurred vision. I choked on my tears as I tried to talk, the words I didn't have stuck in my throat not willing to come out.

He pulled me into his body and held me tightly as I shook slightly against him.

Despite my painful tears, the tingling in my arm, the burning in my throat, and my shaking limbs, I found comfort in his burly arms and shaky heartbeat.

I didn't plan on crying today nor did I plan on seeing Grayson but I'm glad I did. I let out every last tear and emotion I had been hiding and holding back for the last three months. I'm not sure my body nor my eyes could handle it but I know he could. If I wanted him to, he would cradle every single tear I spilled with love and care without question. He could handle anything I threw at him as if he was the strongest brick wall you could build but never tear down despite its thousand-year age or crumbling materials.

"I love you, Grayson." I managed to mumble through my tears and against his chest. "I love you so much it hurts."

His sobs intensified as he held me tighter. His fingers dug into my back as we melted into each other, our tears combining and heartbeats matching one another's as if they were truly trying to become one.

I don't remember what really happened after that but I know we held each other until we fell asleep.

...

I don't know why we always end up here, in the same place, with the same beginning and end of us being together. I don't know what kind of romance this is supposed to be as my lack of experience isn't helping me decide but I think I like it.

Since Grayson finally got some sleep and I was shown how to take care of my burns, we were allowed to go home.

It was quiet the whole ride, papa driving silently with his arm resting on the window and Grayson and I sitting in the back, our fingers interlocked.

It was quiet for a lot of the time after that.

I like to think that it was because we knew exactly how we felt about each other and it was so clear to both of us that we didn't need to say anything.

And since I was out of a job and Grayson wasn't allowed to come back to work until Molly said otherwise, we spent our time in silence.

We danced in silence, we ate in silence, we showered in silence, and we slept with nothing but the sound of each other's heartbeats to soothe us to sleep.

At least that was until his brother's birthday came around and Grayson was invited.

"I don't want to go."

I hummed as I continued to stir the simmering sauce. "You don't have to go."

He hummed as his arms tightened around my waist and he adjusted his head on my lower back. "But I want to see you wear another pretty dress." He mumbled.

I chuckled at his childlike tone as I patted his arm signaling for him to get up. "Grayson, I can wear a pretty dress for you in the house, ok? Nobody is forcing you to go." I watched as he stood from the ground and towered over me, his pout still sitting on his face. "Unless you want to show my dress off."

I smiled as his pout faltered, signaling that I was right despite him not being the type to want to show things off.

"Ok, big man. Birthday party it is." I turned around to continue cooking and he began to drop to his knees and resume his position. "Uh uh. I told you to stop that Mr. Man."

His eyes lowered as he looked up at me.

"Why can't I?"

I put my hand under his chin and tilted it toward me. "Because I said so. I don't care if you're doing it because you think 'I'm above you'. I'm not so just stand next to me or something ok?"

He decided to stand up despite much protest and I told him that it was either stand up and watch or sit in the room and do something else but since he doesn't want to be without me, and I'd prefer the same, he decided to just listen.

Who would've thought he'd be like this?

Please remember to vote and comment on the chapter! Do you guys like the story so far?

**Smut warning for next chapter**