22

Serena
I gasp slightly as I heard the door slam. My shower was useless at this point as I was sweating balls and soaking wet from scrubbing the floors, shower, and sinks. I got up off the floor, Grayson's shirt sticking to my body as if it wasn't extraordinarily baggy.

I smiled as I walked down the hallway, the tall man standing in the kitchen, looking out at his sparkling clean house.

"Welcome home." I smiled awkwardly, not knowing if that was something I should say.

He stared at me, his eyes low and tired-looking. "Did you clean?"

I nodded resisting the urge to ring out the soaking shirt. "Why?" His eyes flickered between my face and the shirt that clung to my curves.

"...I found a thong under your couch. So obviously you don't clean under the couch then I realized that you probably work as much as my dad so you probably don't have too many chances to clean so...I cleaned."

He paused for a moment. A smile formed on his face as he looked away, his hand covering his mouth.

"Thank you." He cleared his throat, stepping toward me.

"You're welcome." My eyes followed him as he came to stand in front of me.

"I wasn't expecting you to still be here." His knuckles grazed along my side as his eyes followed.

"I was..." I cleared my throat, the way he was looking at me made me feel like a deer in sensual headlights. "I was going to go home but then I decide to clean."

He hummed in response. "Is this my shirt?" I nodded as his eyes flickered back up to stare into mine. "It looks good on you." He said lowly.

"...thank you."

He smirked down at me, his arms wrapping around me as his head rested on my shoulder. I held onto his arched back, his strong scent still present as if he just showered.

"Did you use my soap?" His voice vibrated through my chest, my body freezing.

"Uh yeah. I'm sorry, I can buy you more."

He chuckled, his arms tightening around me.

"No. It smells better on you." His voice was low and husky as if he was trying to hold back from something.

"Grayson?"

"Yes, Flower?"

I wanted to tell him I missed him. That I wanted to kiss him as a 'welcome home' because mine before felt inadequate. I wanted to tell him that he smelled nice and if I could...if he would let me, I'd stay with him forever.

But all I could say, despite my racing heart and everything else I could've said, all I asked was: "how was work?" My hands glided away from his back as he lifted and slid his hands from my waist.

"It was fine. Your dad asked about you..." he trailed off sighing. "He also told me not to tell you that he asked about you because he knows you don't want him to worry." He wiped his hand over his mouth, a regretful look covering his face.

I smiled up at him. "It's fine. It can be our secret."

He sighed. "Can I hold you?" His eyes almost begged me to say yes. "I promise to tell you about my day and I won't try anything...I just really love the way you look in my clothes."

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I looked away, so embarrassed all I could do was nod.

Before I knew it his arms were back around me but my eyes widened when he lifted me off the ground.

"Grayson!" I covered my mouth as I held onto his shoulders.

"I asked if I could hold you." He smiled, his hand gripping my thigh.

I held onto his shoulder, my face heating up at the thought of having to tell him what really was wrong.

"No...it's not that..." I buried my head into his neck. "I showered," I mumbled.

He chuckled as he carried me off. "I know that's why you-"

"No!... I mean..." I looked up at him as he sat down on his couch. "I'm not wearing...I don't have..."

I chewed slightly on my bottom lip as I waited for him to understand.

His eyes widened, his cheeks turning a bright red. "Serena... you mean...?"

I nodded slowly.

"Fuck.."

Please remember to vote and comment on the chapter!