21

Grayson
I leaned over, pressing my lips into her forehead before straightening out and walking off.

I collected my keys and book bag from the couch before walking out the door, locking it behind me.

Serena has been in my house for two days at this point. I have spent these last two days reassuring her that she could do no harm to me.

I have also watched and realized she was right about something, I don't know her, But the more that I do she makes me fall more and more in love.

I got into my car, throwing my bag into the backseat. Preparing my speech about why I haven't shown up to work and how I'm going to explain to her dad that his daughter has been in my bed for two days with no plans of being with her.

Well, not no plans, just no plans on forcing her to be with me.

Still, maybe I shouldn't say it like that.

Serena
I woke up alone. I was fine with that because I guess he needed his space since I'd been in his for two days.

I know we aren't together and I don't know if we should be. I don't know what happened to who I was before I told him about who I used to be but I wish she'd come back because feeling this never-ending dread that he will realize how fucked up this is, does not feel even close to good.

I rubbed my eyes as I sat up, throwing my legs over the side of the bed and walking out of the room. The house was silent, with not a single sign of Grayson.

I walked into the kitchen, a yellow sticky note on the counter.

I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye, I didn't want to wake you. I went to work, I'll be back at eight if you're still here.

Bye.

-Grayson

I smiled down at the note. His chicken scratch handwriting is the icing on the cake.

I leaned against the counter as I looked around the house. He had a pretty huge house, how he paid for this, I don't know but it's nice. Maybe it's from that job he said he hated.

I think I should go home though, maybe even call my boss and explain to her why I haven't come to work in two days. Definitely need to do my hair and like...shower.

I walked around the house, looking for my gift. I don't know what happened to it after everything else happened.

I knelt in front of the couch, bending over to look underneath. It was dark and I could barely see anything so I hesitantly reached underneath, feeling around for anything.

I stopped when my hand hit something small and ruffled. I pulled it from under the couch, sighing when I see what it is.

I held a red lacy thong between my fingers.

"Why doesn't he clean under the couch?" I continued to hold the underwear as I walked off to the trash can and threw it away.

Maybe I should clean for him? I don't know how much cleaning he usually does because I would guess he's always at work like dad is.

I looked towards the stove clock, the time reading four. I sighed, scratching my head as I walked toward the bathroom.

I guess I'll take a shower and then clean. I hope he doesn't mind me using his stuff and borrowing a shirt.

I got ready for my shower and approached the bathroom. I set my stuff down and went to turn the shower on.

I was so close when someone rang the doorbell. I skip-walked towards the door, hoping to make the interaction quick so I could hopefully finish everything before he gets back.

"Yes?" I peeked from the side of the door, the sun slightly blinding me.

"Why are you here?"

I looked around, almost not believing she was actually here.

"...why are you here?" I asked back.

It was the same question but mine made more sense.

"He's my husband, this is my home. Why wouldn't I be here?" She crossed her arms, a guilty look washing over her face.

"Well, if you're getting a divorce, he's not your husband...and I'm pretty sure that would mean this isn't your home."

Her eyes flashed with anger, almost like she was giving me a warning.

"I hope you know, divorce or not, he will always be mine. We have been together since fucking high school ok? You...you're just a plaything."

I paused for a moment, a smile forming on my face, her warning eyes flashing their final sign.

"High school? That's fucking embarrassing on your part," I laughed as I leaned in the doorway, opening the door wider. "You supposedly love someone for so long then you cheat? Sounds like a waste of time to me ya know?" I sighed watching as she clenched her jaw, the sound of her teeth grinding barely audible but loud enough to fuel my petty.

"Oh yea, he left something for you." I pushed the door open so she had a full view of the house. I walked towards the trash, looking up at her as I stepped on the peddle.

I reached in and grabbed the old thong before walking back over to her and stuffing it into her hand.

"He told me you were struggling a bit and ya know since you're not getting anything in the divorce, I thought you could at least save a little bit of money on a new one and just reuse the old, tired, and...well, trashy, thong." I smiled as she stared down at it, her eyes watering.

"You can leave now. I have stuff to do before he comes home."

Her eyes snapped back up at me, those warning eyes now solid red.

"Watch your fucking back, whore." She threw the thong down before storming off.

"This isn't a movie. That's not as scary as she thinks." I bent down, picking the underwear back up before walking toward the trash. "Back you go." and throwing it away.

I looked back at the stove clock the time now reading four-fifty.

"Now she's wasting my time too? Never again."

Please remember to vote and comment on the chapter! Also thank you to all of you who have continued reading and have voted. I appreciate and love you all.