43

Serena
I approached the man staring out silently at the lake. The soft sound of the large trees swaying in the wind and the leaves roaming through the sky provided a soothing feeling and I could understand why he chose to seek refuge here.

"Grayson," I muttered as I wrapped my arms around his waist, laying my head on his sturdy back. "You don't have to tell me what's wrong right now...I just want you to know that at any point if you want to leave, let me know ok?"

He sighed as turned around in my arms.

"Hi, baby," I murmured with a smile, his sad eyes lighting up.

He chuckled softly as he leaned down, resting his head in the crook of my neck as he held me tightly.

I brushed down his hair to his neck as my other hand rubbed softly at his side. "Are you ok?" I pressed a kiss into his ear and he hummed in response. "Tell me, Grayson." I placed my hands on the sides of his face and forced him to look at me.

"I want to hear you say it."

He stared down at me for a second before chuckling and a beautiful smile appeared on his beautiful face. "Sounding too familiar." He breathed.

I laughed as he leaned down, pressing a kiss onto my cheek. "I love you." He mumbled as he continued to pepper kisses on my face.

"Grayson, stop." I laughed as he chuckled and continued his affectionate attack, his hands traveling down my sides. "Grayson, don't you do it. I told you not to tickle me anymore!" I squealed as his fingers dug into my sides, my stomach tightening the harder I laughed.

"Why would I stop? Huh? You look so beautiful."

I squeezed my eyes shut as he continued, the pain mixing with the pleasure. "Grayson! I'm begging you!"

He laughed as he picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder and running closer to the lake.

"Grayson! Stop it!" I smiled as I playfully hit his back, my body still too weak to fully protest.

"Why should I? Don't you want to take a swim? "

If he wasn't so tall, we'd be halfway in the water by now so his threats to put me down were not going to be good for me.

"I'll get wet!" He picked me off his shoulder and held me out in front of him as if I was a child. The heels of my shoes grazed across the top of the water.

"Tell me you love me and I'll put you down." He smiled at me with soft and sweet eyes as the smoothness of his voice flowed through my ears.

My laughs calmed down as I held on tightly to his shoulders. "I love you, you know I love you."

He clicked his tongue and shook his head slightly as he lowered me down into the water.

"Grayson!"

"That's not good enough flower, tell me you love me."

"Grayson, your pants-"

"Uh uh, don't worry about my pants, Serena. Look at me and tell me exactly how much you love me."

He slowly dipped me farther into the water, my calves halfway submerged.

"Ok! I love you! I love you so much it hurts! I'm so happy I met you and I'm happy I found out you're a love-crazy psycho!" I laughed as he chuckled and pulled me into his chest.

I wrapped my legs around his waist as I held onto him tightly. "That's good enough." He peppered kisses onto my neck as he trudged through the water and back onto land.

"Grayson Marco Vankaro!"

We looked back as Grayson let me down, smiles still on our faces as his mother approached with a large towel.

"Why would you do that? Go and ruin your nice pants?!" She knelt and rubbed at his pants legs, Grayson continuing to smile at me as if he wasn't even listening. "Now they'll be all wrinkled...no use, come on. Dinner is ready."

We watched as she walked off, Grayson's father staring lasers our way and my smile faltering at the thought of Grayson's being gone.

"Gray-"

"Are you ready to eat?"

My eyes widened slightly as he pulled me into his body by my waist, his lips hovering over mine and his sad eyes nowhere to be seen.

"...yea."

He hummed as he pecked my lips repeatedly as if he only planned to do it once but wasn't satisfied by it.

"Then let's go."

"Yea..."

He held my hand as we walked toward the table where his family was sat, the birthday boy in the middle of the table and for the last time tonight, I felt happy.

Please remember to vote and comment on the chapter!