29

Serena
The tiny woman dressed in a blush pink gown rushed toward us, other guests elegantly avoiding her.

"What happened to your face?" Her voice and eyes were filled with concern as she reached for his face.

He, as gently as possible, slapped her hand away. "Nothing."

She glanced at me, flickers of rage in her eyes.

"Don't be like that Gray. I still care about you...just let me care about you." Her voice became smaller the more she talked.

"Emilia, I'm not doing this right now. Or ever."

I found my hand holding on tightly to the back of his shirt, not even noticing that he was doing the same to me.

I glanced up at Grayson, his handsome and scratched-up face began to look sad again. The charming and confident Grayson that I walked in with was disappearing in front of me.

"Grayson, don't be like that just because she-"

I smiled down at her, my eyes not following my lips. "Excuse us." I interrupted before as gracefully as I could manage, dragging Grayson off toward the large entrance of another room.

Our hands continued to hold on to each other long after we left Emilia in the middle of the foyer.

We entered the large and even more gorgeous room. It was like the foyer but everything was bigger and shiner. Larger chandelier, larger mural, gold and off-white curtains, large cushioned sofas outlining the walls, and large glass or white vases with blue, white, or gold flowers.

"Grayson." A tall brunette woman wearing the most beautiful green dress I'd ever seen approached us, a subtly sweet smile on her face.

"Hi, Sugar." Grayson finally let go of me and embraced the woman.

She held her arms under his as she closed her eyes and enveloped the hug. I listened over the soft classical music as she took a deep breath. She looked peaceful as Grayson rubbed her back.

"I'm surprised you came...you haven't come in years."

He chuckled awkwardly, his hand finding its place on my back. "

Who is this?" She turned to me, my heart slowing down as she gazed at me with his eyes.

Those beautiful eyes that I love so much. Why does she have them? Of course, the effect wasn't the same but they were still beautiful.

"Oh yeah? Didn't know you loved my eyes that much, Flower."

I froze as the woman in front of me giggled politely, covering her mouth with her gloved hand as she did so.

"I'm Grayson's sister, Willow." She stuck her hand out, a bright smile as if she was more relaxed.

I nervously shook her hand, Grayson's thumb gliding down my back as comfort.

"I'm sorry I said that. It wasn't on purpose, I promise."

She clicked her tongue and shook her head.

"You're not bothering anybody, honey. Say whatever you like, you're not gonna bother me but if you keep complimenting me like that I might start blushing a bit." She smiled, attempting to reassure me of my embarrassing ability to speak my mind without knowing I'm going to.

"Willow, what are you doing?"

I looked towards the three tall men who were suddenly behind Willow.

She towered over me but they all towered over her, Grayson being the tallest.

"Greeting Graysons guest. Don't be rude." She stepped beside me, allowing the three men to be directly in front of me. "This one is Ember, our oldest brother. This one is Carlos, the middle child, and this one is Michael, the baby."

I was greeted with a handshake as she introduced each of them.

"Thank you for bringing him. He hasn't been coming for years." The oldest, Ember, smiled down at me as he roughly patted Grayson's shoulder.

"It's really nothing to thank me for...All I did was agree to come." I glanced up at Grayson who looked slightly annoyed by his sibling's presence.

I hummed as I put my arm around his waist and held him closer to my body.

"You look absolutely stunning by the way, Flower." Willow smiled, holding my hand gently.

Grayson chuckled and I hit him in his side.

"My name is Serena. I'm sorry, I should've said so earlier."

She giggled, waving her hand in her face. "No no, you did nothing. I was being rude when I didn't ask. I just assumed that would be your name as it fits you so perfectly."

"Would you stop talking like that? This isn't a royal fucking ball, Willow." The brothers chuckled at the joke as Willows's head snapped in their direction.

"Your language is improper for the current occasion but if you simply cannot understand English, I will use your language," she turned to me, the glare she was previously giving her brothers disappearing. "Excuse my language."

I smiled as I watched her threaten and degrade every one of them.

"And don't make me bring up the bullshit act you used to put on for girls because you have absolutely no game. You're a fucking loser who has no idea how to communicate with intelligence and I don't need that insolence around me."

They rolled their eyes as they shamefully walked off.

"Anyways, Serena. I hope you and my brother enjoy the rest of your evening. I will see you both later for the banquet." She smiled, brushing her hand over my shoulder before turning and leaving toward the crowd of men.

"I'm sorry, Serena."

I hummed as I looked up at Grayson, for what?" I smiled, pushing his hair back.

"For being related to those things."

I chuckled as I straightened out the front of his suit.

"You all look alike. I wonder what your parents are like, must have strong genes."

He nodded as his eyes followed my every move.

"Don't say that." He muttered, his hands tightening around my waist.

I hummed, a slightly confused expression on my face.

"I'll think you'd like them more than me." He grumbled, his puppy eyes making an appearance.

I smiled up at him, placing my hand on his cheek before standing on my toes and pressing a kiss into his other. "I don't think I could ever...like anybody more than you."

His body stiffened at my words, I could hear his breathing become shallow.

His body shifted downward as if he wanted to bury his body inside of mine but instead, he stopped at my ear, his hands still gripping my waist as if he never wanted to let go.

"Dance with me, Flower."

I smiled to myself, my hands adjusting as they rested on his body.

"It would be an honor."

Please remember to vote and comment on the chapter!