16

Serena
I pounded on Christy's door, my heart beating louder.

It was only a few seconds that went by before the door swung open and there he was.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He looked around before looking down at me. "You stalking me?"

"I don't stalk losers."

It all went by so fast that almost I didn't even realize I did it. My fist, in one quick motion, decked him in his nose. After he stumbled back I kept going.

"What the fuck!" He shouted as I hit him first in his jaw, knocking him back.

"Hit him again S!" Christy cheered from the doorway.

"Fuck you, Christy!" He shouted in a whiny manner.

I swung again, hitting his cheekbone. He swung his fist toward me, causing me to stumble back. He hit me in the chin, almost missing me entirely.

He was probably too dizzy from getting hit in the jaw.

I rebalanced myself, my left fist swinging and hitting him in his rib, my right fist knocking his face back in the opposite direction.

"Holy Shit S!"

"Shut up Ch-" I could've sworn I saw a star for a second when I was punched in my right eye, falling on my back. "Fuck." I groaned as I stood back up.

"And get your shit out of my tucking house loser." Christy kicked him in his side as he lay on the ground, bloody and out of breath. "Even think about telling the police and I'll show them everything."

Christy and I went back over to my apartment, my eye still stinging.

"That was fucking awesome." She smiled as she handed me a bag of melting ice cream. Her smile faded when she realized my reaction. "Sorry, you don't have a lot of frozen stuff." She chuckled awkwardly, nudging the bag toward my eye.

"Thank you," I said lowly.

She hummed as she rocked side to side.

"Hey. Don't you need to go to the hospital?" She shook her head.

"Nah, it'll heal. I've broken a rib before." I raised my eyebrow.

"So have I, that is definitely not how healing works." She sighed.

"I'll go now so I don't forget. Thank you S." She smiled as she stuffed her phone in her pocket and left my apartment.

I threw the bag of lukewarm and nearly fully melted ice cream on the table before leaning back and shutting my eyes.

I should...apologize.

...

I opened my eyes to pure darkness. I groaned as I sat up, my back and fists slightly aching.

I stumbled around my coffee table and towards my door, planning to check if the pervis was gone.

I opened my door to a black box waiting patiently on my door mat, a pearl-colored bow tying it all together, and a brown tag hanging from the side.

I picked the box up and shut my door before stunning towards the light.

I stared down at the fancy little box. It reminded me of when the boy in movies would give the girl a gift as an apology but there was nobody who owed me an apology so this was probably anthrax and I was going to die.

"You only live once," I mumbled, sitting on the arm of the chair next to me.

I pulled off the pearl-colored string, setting it next to me before opening the box and revealing a diamond bracelet with a diamond butterfly charm.

I gasped slightly at the beauty but my excitement quickly faded when I realized that this means I have a stalker. Someone is in love with me and wanted to give me something to let me know that they are always watching.

I scrambled to pick up the pearl-colored ribbon with the brown note attached.

Thank you. I hope you cherish this even half as much as I cherish my gifts.

"Gray..."

I swallowed the ball in my throat, the small sobs I wanted to let out but had no reason to. It could be just my adrenaline finally coming down from what happened or the guilt I feel for interrupting him.

"All for a stupid keychain..."

...

I haven't seen Gray since. A week has gone by and he hasn't shown up at my job and I haven't seen him at the station. His not being there makes me feel guilty for visiting my dad more just to see him.

I really hope that wasn't supposed to be his goodbye gift.

Thinking about the possibility that he could've had something important to say and maybe he decided it would be best to just give me a gift instead of telling me, makes me angry. I don't know if I should feel that way, but I do. I wanted to hear him say it.

I hate when people leave without saying goodbye.