7

Serena
"What can I get for- oh hey!" I smiled at Grayson who was dressed oddly well. Not as if he doesn't normally, but like he was doing something important.

Kinda like one of those Mafia boss dudes.

"Hi, Serena." He said lowly, a slight smile on his face. His usual sad eyes looked different. Still sad but in a different way.

"Scotch sour. Please." I nodded and looked around to be sure I wasn't missing anybody.

Today was mostly filled with people I already knew so I was in a much better mood. Tomorrow was also my dad's birthday and I have been entirely too excited to give him a birthday gift.

I made the scotch sour and handed it off to Grayson before going to collect the abandoned glasses to clean them.

Grayson didn't say anything, he just stared. Of course, I didn't stare back, that's weird and would be awkward, but I couldn't help but occasionally glance in his direction.

He looked beautiful.

His brown eyes almost looked green with a hint of amber. His slightly messy yet greased back hair made him look like he was a well-sought-after model. His broad shoulders and muscular arms... he might almost be perfect.

Not to mention his beautifully fluffy eyebrows and long eyelashes.

"Serena." I became alert and turned to face him. Despite his low tone and loud music, I heard him clearly, my name rolling off his tongue like silk. "Let me take you home." He said lowly, his eyes completely sober despite the drink in front of him.

"...ok," I said shyly. He tilted his head before finally looking away from me.

I, for unknown reasons, couldn't wait for my shift to end.

...

I stood in the mirror, preparing myself not to be a weirdo. "You're not weird Serena. You have personality." I nodded at myself, a very determined expression on my face.

I talked to Grayson plenty of times, I walked home with him, slept in a car with him, and had intimate talks in the middle of the night, but for some reason, I couldn't handle the fact that that oddly beautiful man offered to take me home.

I tucked the stray curls behind my ears before picking my bag off of the sink and walking out.

I looked around one more time, ensuring I was finished before walking out and locking up.

I turned, instantly freezing in place at the scenic sight in front of me.

Grayson, in all his moonlit glory, standing still, hands in his pockets, staring up at the deep night sky.

My heart pounded in my chest as I stared at him from afar. Why I felt this way about a man I just met, I'm not sure but I know it has something to do with his outfit and his beautiful brown eyes.

Not wanting to disturb this beautiful moment, I quietly walked up to him, his pose never faltering.

I stood next to him and enjoyed the blue moonlight.

"Are you ready to go?" His voice was deep and soft. Almost sweet sounding, like a peach milkshake.

"What?" He said with a slight chuckle.

My eyes widened as I looked up at him. "Oh my-" my hand slammed over my mouth. "I'm so sorry."

He continued to chuckle at my stupidity. His chuckle grew into a laugh as he looked away from me, his head tilted back as his hand covered his eyes. Leaving his perfectly shaped teeth only in view.

"I've never heard my voice being compared to a 'peach milkshake'" he licked his lips slightly as he looked down at me, a slight toothy smile still on his face.

"..I keep saying things out loud," I looked away from him, extraordinarily embarrassed. "It's a bad habit," I mumbled lightly, a nervous chuckle escaping.

It was silent for a moment.

My pounding heart contemplated running away and denying myself the offered ride home. I mean, I did take the bus today but what's a thirty-minute walk home at one in the morning?

"Serena," I hummed, continuing to look away from the man I just admitted my inner thoughts to. "look at me."

My eyes widened slightly as his fingers grazed under my chin, pulling my face towards him.

I stared up at him, his eyes lowered on me, luring me in as if he were a siren singing its fatal song.

This one look, the look that I have never experienced from anybody. This one look, that I never once craved, forced the idea upon me to never want this look to be from anybody else.

His enchanting gaze danced on my features. His eyes glided from mine to my nose, until landing on my lips.

His thumb grazed over my bottom lip, slightly pulling it open revealing my bottom teeth.

"What...what are you doing," I said softly. "What are we doing, Grayson." His eyes darted away from my lips as his name fell from my lips.

He has never acted like this before. Even though I was enjoying it, it was odd. This beautiful man was doing things that showed passion I had only seen between my grandparents and in movies.

The strangest part was that he was doing these things towards me, somebody he barely knows.

He hummed, his thumb gliding across my bottom lip once more before dropping and being pushed into his pocket.

"I don't know. Let me take you home." He began to walk off, his broad back now being the only visible part of him contrasting from only a few seconds ago when every, single, beautiful part of him, was visible.

Despite feeling strange about what just happened, I couldn't help the tight feeling in my chest.

I resisted the urge to nurse myself and walked off after him.

I guess that scotch sour did more than I thought.