20

Grayson
I leaned against the doorway and watched as she slept, a pillow cuddled up to her body. She looked peaceful and that was hard to comprehend how she could ever feel like that after what she told me.

I have never heard something so gory and traumatizing from somebody that I know.

I sighed, brushing my hair back as I walked off, closing the door quietly behind me.

I stared at my kitchen thinking about whether I should actually make breakfast or if I even had an appetite.

"What are you doing?" I turned to find a sleepy-eyed Serena walking toward me.

"...nothing, do you want breakfast?"

She shook her head as she stretched her arms up. "I'm not hungry." She wrapped her arms around my middle, lying her head on my chest.

I held her with one arm, my other brushing down her hair.

"Are you ok?" I spoke softly, almost nervous to ask.

She looked up at me with big, sleepy innocent eyes. "Yea, why wouldn't I be?" She looked genuinely confused about why I asked, which did not bring me comfort.

"...no reason." She smiled and pressed her ear back to my chest. "Hey, Serena,"

She hummed, the vibrations making shivers go up my spine. "What's wrong with your eye?"

I felt her body stiffen slightly.

"I got into a fight." My eyes widened as I slightly held back a laugh.

"You...you got into a fight." She chuckled and stepped back from me.

"Yes, Grayson. I got into a fistfight." She walked off toward my couch, sitting down how she usually does with one leg under her.

"With who." I had an excited smile on my face. Like I just heard my idol tell me a cool story.

She groaned slightly as if she was nervous to tell me. "With my neighbor's boyfriend."

I froze. My smile instantly dropped.

"A grown fucking man put his hands on you?" She sighed, slightly scratching her head.

"I hit him first Grayson and he definitely got the worst of it. It's totally fine." She gave me a reassuring smile but I didn't feel reassured or comforted by any definition.

"Serena, I just confessed how in love I am with you. Do you think I'd be ok with somebody touching you for any reason?"

She looked frozen, almost shocked by my words.

A small smile grew on her face as she stared up at me, her eyes softening. "..well I guess you're right."

I walked towards her, her eyes following me.

"About what?" I murmured.

I knelt in front of her.

"About being in love with me." She whispered seductively almost as if she was telling me I have to be in love with her.

I hummed as her hands crept up my biceps toward my shoulder, her hands cupping my neck as her thumbs outlined the center of my throat.

"Of course. I have no reason not to be." My eyes lowered as I stared up at her.

Her fingers tapped on my neck as if she was playing a tune. Her face softened, a sad look creeping into her eyes.

"I don't know how good of a girlfriend I'll be Grayson."

"You'd be amazing," I responded softly despite my racing heart and eagerness to tell her how I'd just be happy knowing she loved me.

"...I just don't want to disappoint you."

I almost wanted to laugh but I knew I couldn't. I know she couldn't ever disappoint me no matter what she felt. To me, everything she did was amazing.

I pulled her hands from my neck, holding them in mine. I stared up at her as I pressed her hand to my lips. She smiled down at me as I placed a kiss on each of her knuckles.

"Nothing you do," I switched to her other hand, providing it with the same treatment. "Or say, could ever provide me with a feeling of disappointment."

She tilted her head as she held my hands.

"Always remember that." She clicked her lips as she cupped my face in her hands.

"So sweet." She murmured, her thumbs grazing against my stubble.

"Just as a peach milkshake should be."

She smiled, her eyes glowing and adding a few more years to my life.

"Yes. Just as a peach milkshake should be."

Please remember to vote and comment on the chapter!