Extra 1

Serena
Grayson and I have been together a year now and I've never been happier. He and papa even became closer so now they abandon me randomly to go hang out. It doesn't bother me though, it makes me happy to see the two people I love the most bonding.

Grayson's birthday is soon and I don't know what to get him. Every time I ask him what he wants, he responds with the same thing: "I want you, and I've got you. My birthday is every day." Then bear cuddles me like I'm going to disintegrate.

I finished washing the dishes when I heard the door slam and heavy breathing.

I looked up to see two shirtless men with smiles on their faces and sweat dripping from every part of their bodies. Papa's hair even curled up from the sweat.

"What's wrong with you two? Why are you sweating?" I walked toward them, my hands landing on Grayson's warm sides.

"We ran back." Papa chuckled as he walked off toward the back I'm assuming for towels.

"What do you mean you-" Grayson interrupted me by bending down and pecking my lips, slightly chuckling to himself as he did so. I rolled my eyes as he walked off. "You're not slick. Why'd you run back? Didn't you go downtown to get something? How'd you run back?"

They both emerged from the shadows, towels covering their heads.

"We just did, ladybug. Don't need to ask too many questions." Papa smiled, not helping my suspicions.

"Where is your car, Grayson." I looked up at the tall man who approached me with an unbreakable smile.

"Don't worry about it, Flower," he bent over til he was hovering over my lips "you'll see." He pecked my lips before escaping to the bathroom.

"I'll see what?" I looked toward the kitchen at papa who was knee-deep in leftover Mac n cheese. "I'll see what?" I questioned again.

"Dunno." He shrugged.

"You're no help."

...

"Grayson! Have you seen my earbuds?" I stood up from the side of the bed and continued to look around.

"Here-"

I gasped as Grayson popped from around the corner, a smile forming on his face.

"Did I scare you?" He chuckled.

"No. I just needed air." I said sarcastically.

He hummed and put his hand out, his smirk struggling to disappear. "Here, I found them for you."

"Thank y-" I looked down at his open hand, a small velvet black box. I looked back up at him, a slightly confused look on my face. "My earbuds aren't that fancy."

He laughed, the tiny dimple on his cheek popping out, and the soft wrinkles around his eyes making an appearance. "Open it."

I picked the box from his hand, nervously glancing between him and the box that now looked much larger.

My heart dropped as I opened it to reveal a large teardrop-shaped translucent pink gem sitting up on a silver band with what looks to be tiny diamonds lining it.

"Grayson-"

I began to glance up but stopped midway to see him kneeling in front of me, one of the sweetest and most excited smiles I'd ever seen resting on his face.

"Serena Papillo, I have wanted to be with you every day of my life since I formally met you. I have wanted this so much that I have spent some nights as I laid in bed with you in my arms, cursing myself for not getting to know you better in high school," he paused as he slightly cleared his throat, tears forming in his eyes.

"I have never, in the 30 years of my life, been happier with somebody and I want to keep this feeling of pure content...and I know the only way to do that is by making you, the love and light of my life, my wife."

I chuckled slightly as I licked the tears from my smile-stretched lips.

"Despite the happiness, you bring to my life, I only want to spend the rest of it making you feel the same way if not more. I want to spend the rest of my life getting to know you, making up for the years we could have had, and earning the years we have ahead. So Serena, my beautiful flower, will you marry me and allow me to love you the way you deserve to be loved for the rest of our lives?"

With zero hesitation, blurred vision, and a shaken voice, I looked down at my wonderful Grayson who almost mirrored my joy and excitedly nodded my head yes.

"Yes, yes. Of course, I'll marry you!" I choked as he continued to cry and began to slide the gorgeous pink ring onto my finger.

"I love you." He pressed passionate kisses along my knuckles and up my arm as he slowly stood up. "Thank you."

I sniffled as his arms snaked around my waist and lifted me. "I love you," I murmured into his neck before pressing slightly pained kisses into his stubble.

Of course, I've seen people get engaged, I watch tv. But, despite all of the love I've been given this year, I still never brought up the thought of marriage. I was happy with how we were and I didn't need anything more but now, this man is someone I can call my future husband.

Someone, I will definitely spend the rest of my life with.

"Is this what you went and got yesterday?" I faced Grayson, my hands wiping the tears from his pink face despite them continuing to fall.

He cleared his throat as he nodded. "It matches your bracelet." He held me in one arm, almost as if he was easily holding a toddler, and gently slid my ring from my finger. "See?" He flipped it over to reveal the word 'butterfly' carved along the bottom in spaced-out letters.

The floodgates opened once again.

"I was going to get the gems in the shape of a butterfly but I decided I'd just get you another ring like that and keep this one with just the writing."

"I love you so much Grayson Vankaro."

I roughly pressed my lips against his in an attempt to absorb any more of his love but when he kissed back, I was met with an infinite and beautiful pit of nothing but love.

His lips parted slightly as he murmured the words I will always believe from him.

"I love you more."

***Smut warning for next Extra***25 votes for each extra to bring next!! There will be 3-4 total. Thank you for reading <3