18 Part two

TW: Mentions of S/A, child S/A, abuse, addiction, m*rder!!
Grayson
I watched as the joyful eyes that I loved disappeared into dull and lifeless ones I'd never seen before.

"If at any point, you need to take a break, do not hesitate to let me know ok?" She had a stern look, a flicker of fear in her eyes.

"Serena what are you...okay."

"Okay."

She took a deep breath, sitting up straight and trying her best to look me in the eyes but I could see her fighting the urge to look away and never look back.

"As you can tell, my father is Mexican and I, very obviously, am black. I am not mixed and he is not my biological father but he is my dad." I nodded slowly.

Maybe that's it?...

"It came to be this way because I did not have a good family at all when I was younger. It got so bad that now, that family only exists in my mind. My sperm donor was physically, sexually, emotionally, and mentally abusive to my sister, my mom, and me." Her voice sounded emotional despite her very obvious attempt to seem numb.

So far, there is no way you could be numb to a story that sounds this bad so early on.

"My mom had me when she was thirteen and my...he was twenty-one. He was never arrested for it as her parents did not care themselves and she raised me with that man because she felt she had no other choice. When my mom had my sister, he became angry. So when I was seven, that man began to beat and rape my mother daily. I was his second choice, my sister...she was the one we protected. From the ages of eight and until I was fifteen, I was abused in every form possible daily." She paused, opening her mouth a few times to behind again but nothing came out.

"You don't have to..."

"I became addicted to alcohol when I was fifteen years old. It didn't help but it felt better for the moment and I thought that any peace was better than none at all...until I got so drunk that my young body couldn't handle it and I ended up almost dying in my bedroom," a tear began to fall down her cheek, she quickly pushed it away, the numb look on her face long gone and now replaced with one of anguish.

"He thought I was dead," she chuckled, her eyes filling with tears. "So he decided to kill my sister. I watched as he beat her over and over and over with her favorite book. I listened to her beg and cry my name...for me to wake up and save her." She curled over, her knees meeting her halfway as she silently cried into the blanket.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I wanted to be sick just from her telling this story, imagine what she had to go through watching it happen...

She sat up abruptly, her eyes red and her nose slightly red as well. She licked her lips, a smile on her face as if she was trying to make the whole thing better. "And you know what's worse? He went and strangled my mother with the cord of a lamp! But that's not even the worst part: he drug her into the room with us, by the cord. Can you guess what happened next?" Her face was twisted. Anger and sadness mixed making something so viciously numb I almost believed she was ok.

"Her head fell off. I watched as my mother was decapitated because he strangled her that badly her head was literally hanging on by a thread." She looked at me as she licked the tears from her lips.

"The sick bastard didn't even care. He left afterward...so I did too. I ended up in the middle of the road and someone found me. They called the police and took me to the hospital where Emilio ended up finding me..."

I stared at her, her eyes widening slightly when she saw me.

I wiped at the tears falling down my face.

"Grayson..."

I sniffled as the tears accelerated down my face. She pouted as she continued crying but no longer being silent.

She crawled over to me, wrapping me in her arms for both of our comforts. I held onto her tight, that story making me not want to let go ever again.

"I promise you, nothing like that will ever fucking happen to you again. If I can stop it, I will. I swear to you, Serena." She shifted in the crook of my neck as we continued to cry together. "You're so amazing and I'm so sorry," I murmured into her shoulder.

"No more apologies."

Please remember to vote and comment on the chapter!