Chapter 13

Waking up the next day just feels amazing. I can't remember the last time I woke up and instantly felt this happy. I am officially together with a beautiful girl, the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life, but what's so new to me about it is, is that we have only had two dates as such and have yet to sleep together. I don't think I have ever gone into a relationship, any relationship without having spent the night together first.

Call me whatever you want by doing that, but that's just what happened each of those times. Not this time though. Not with Sophie. She's got me hooked. She's under my skin after all but 3 days and to say that I'd be devastated to lose her for any reason whatsoever would have to go down as the biggest understatement of the century. Now that I have her in my life, I never, ever want to lose her. I can't lose her.

I enthusiastically whip back the covers from my naked torso and swing my legs out over the side of the bed. The birds are singing sweetly in through the windows of the house, the skies are blue and the sun is out. You'd swear we were in the middle of July in The Cape Verde Islands, not the tail end of November in West London!

I plug my iPhone into the iHome alarm clock docking station on top of my nightstand. Hitting shuffle, I wait for the sounds of Sam Smith's voice at the start of 'Like I Can' to fill the room before picking myself up off of the bed and padding my way over to the en-suite bathroom at the other end of the room to grab a well desired, and also well needed hot shower to ease my muscles after my training sessions over the weekend. In saying that, after the amount of food we ate yesterday at lunch, it won't be long before I'm back on the running machine to work it all off again. There's a fat man inside me I swear, and I've got to keep him under control at all times!

Bouncing along to the sound of his glorious 'In The Lonely Hour' album, I pad my way back across the carpet covered floor to the bathroom after switching on the music and grabbing fresh towels from the hot press on the landing. Flicking on the shower taps, it doesn't take long before the bathroom fills up with steam and it's almost impossible to find my way to doors of the steam shower. The water is hot, soothing and welcoming to my joints and bones after the active weekend I've had and thoroughly enjoyed.

*****

My phone sounds out, vibrating against the marble-topped kitchen island behind me as I pour my cup of tea to go with the chicken salad sandwich I have prepared for lunch. Monday to Friday is nothing but healthy food and then I allow myself one or two treats on the weekend, which I took full advantage of yesterday! Wiping my hands clean on the tea towel, I lean over and grab my iPhone from the countertop. Sliding my finger across the shiny black screen, it illuminates with light. Clicking into my WhatsApp, I click into the message which I notice is from my new girlfriend Sophie, which instantly brings a smile to my face.

Sender: Sophie Xxx

13:02

''Morning, babe. Hope you had a good sleep ;-) I was wondering if you had any plans for this evening? I've got a work function at The Savoy tonight as we landed a huge case and the director has decided to have an impromptu party! :-P I know it's last minute and might be a bit too soon for us, but I have to go as I'm seen as an important part of the team apparently :-/ :-P I just thought it might be something you might like? Xx''

Could she get any more adorable? I honestly don't think it's possible really! I quickly scribble out a reply as I realize that I need to go and check my wardrobe as I may need to call James and head to town and get a new suit for the night. Is it a black tie event, as in a tuxedo and ball gown type thing or will I normal three-piece suit do the job? Either way, I think a new outfit will need to be purchased for the occasion.

Recipient: Sophie Xxx

13:04

''Hey Sophie, yeah I slept very well thanks, you? No, I'm free as a bird and it sounds like a great plan. I'd be honored to accompany you, as long as you're sure about it. As you said we haven't been together long so I don't want to pressure you. What time is it on at? I need to buy a new suit! ;-) G x''

Hitting send, I slide the phone back in to my pocket as I head to the lounge to have my lunch and sandwich and catch up on some telly that I've missed while I was doing the string of gigs for the last few weeks or so. As much as I love performing to my fans and how I would do it night after night if I could, it does take the energy out of you I'm not going to lie.

My phone buzzes once more on the coffee table which grabs my attention once more. Clicking in to the message, I once again can't help the smile from appearing on my face once I know that it's Sophie replying to me. I mean I get so many calls, texts and emails on a daily basis so I never know who it is most of the time. I read the message quickly just as I finish my cup of tea.

Sender: Sophie Xxx

13:06

''Brill! I'm just back from getting a new dress in a new shop that opened in Chelsea, so I'm all set. Cant wait to see you looking all dapper, babe Xx''

'She won't be so innocent after the event, not when I'm finished with her' I think to myself.

'I'm going to leave her weak at the knees so much that she won't know what to do with herself', I say to myself as I get up from the sofa and head to the dishwasher with my empty plate and mug.

I decide to ask one of my mates to come in to town with me and help me with buying a new suit. I've never had that eye for the new and trendy gear, never had it. Pulling out my phone I scroll through my contacts before landing on the required name. Hitting the dial button, it's picked up on the second ring.

''Hello?''

''Hiya Markie, mate. Gary here. You free for a few hours this afternoon?''