Chapter 43

***Sophie's POV***

''Babe? You almost ready? The car will be out front in a few minutes'' I hear Gary call from the bathroom just as I put in my other earring and take a look in the mirror.

Noticing that I don't look amazing but not looking like a slag either, I take my purse from the side and head back into the middle of the room.

''Just finished now, hun. You ready to go?'' I say back just as he opens the door from the ensuite.

He steps over the threshold and immediately stops as if he has hit an invisible wall in front of him. His eyes wide and his eyebrows firmly rooted in the bottom of his hairline.

''What?'' I ask him as if he's looking at me like I have three heads.

''Soph, you just...you look...wow. You look gorgeous'' he whispers out the last few syllables which immediately causes me to blush like a crazy person and my head automatically drops to my chest.

''Hey, hey, hey none of that now. Look at me, please?'' he asks in his cute voice that he knows makes me obey him every time.

I managed to lift my head - with help from his long, deft and oh so skilful index finger - and look him in the eyes again and listen, simply listen as he looks deep in to my eyes and hear the words fall from his lips;

''You are the most beautiful girl that I have ever, ever met in my life, Sophie. I am so in love with you that it is not even possible to put it into words. I mean that from the bottom of my heart, babe. If you don't want to go tonight, then we don't have to. I just want to show you off to the world that I got you and nobody else. I won. You know? I won, as I have the most gorgeous, sexy, funny, intelligent girl in the entire planet on my arm and they need to know this''

''Gary, stop. You'll make me cry'' I whisper back at him shyly.

''Baby, that's the point. You don't know how beautiful you are, and I will remind you every day for as long as I live until you realise that you are the only girl I want in the world. I don't want anyone else. I don't need anyone else, Sophie, okay?'' he says again, before leaning forward and taking my lips with his in a kiss that is still tender that I would have collapsed there and then if it were not for Gary's strong and supportive being wrapped around my upper body right now.

The kiss breaks after a few moments and I keep my eyes closed for a mere few seconds before opening them again, just so that I can collect my breath again before making eye contact with him.

''I love you, babe. So much'' he whispers, resting his forehead against mine.

''I love you too, Gary'' I whisper back, before pecking him quickly on the nose.

Turning around in his embrace, I grab my bag from the dresser and straighten out my dress once again, before turning to face him once more.

''You ready, sweetheart?'' he smiles at me, as he extends his arm to me.

Smiling at his chivalrous nature, I gladly accept his proposal and link arms with him as he leads with out of the room, down the stairs and out the door towards the car where Paul is waiting for us. This is surely going to be a great night.

*****

A couple of hours later and we're just finishing off our wine in a quaint little bistro restaurant here in Soho. I opted for the veal whilst Gary went for his usual Steak whenever he comes here. Best in the city he says. I'll take his word for it so.

''So, what have you planned for the week then?'' I ask him, leaning forward and running the pad of my thumb along the back of his hand.

''Erm..let me think, babe. I am in the studio on Monday and Tuesday all day. I have a photoshoot and interview on Wednesday and more recording on Thursday and then I have from Friday to Tuesday free'' he smiles at me.