Chapter 6

After learning of her address, I start to plan out the rest of my afternoon. I check my phone to see what time it is so I can plan out my day properly and not half-ass it in some shape or form.

12.09

OK, just gone past midday.

''Time to get my ass in gear and grab a shower before I stink up this entire house'' I chuckle quietly to myself, as I pick my bum up off the sofa and pad out to the kitchen.

Disposing of the now empty yogurt carton, I spin on my heel and quickly head up the stairs. Heading into the bedroom for another shower, I grab my iPod and pop it into the docking station that was given to me by my assistant Eliza last year for Christmas. She actually managed to get me something that I don't have and that doesn't happen to me very often. I am very fortunate to be able to have almost everything I have ever dreamed of. Things that are physical of course.

The one thing I want the most in this world is something that cannot be bought. Fuck, sure it doesn't even have a price. It's a family of my own. I have dreamed about it for so long now and a few times, I've almost given up on the entire idea but there's always been that little voice in my head and the final string in my heart that always stay in place that reminds me that it will happen eventually, just haven't met the right girl is all.

Snapping out of my daydream, I realize time is slipping through my fingers with each passing minute. I whip my shirt off of chest and exhale loudly when the cooler air that passes through the slightly open window makes contact with my skin.

''Oh, that's nice..'' I whisper as I land on the end of my bed with a soft plop and pop off my flip flops.

Popping my undies in the laundry basket, I stretch myself out and head on to the bathroom at the end of the room. The hot water makes an instant impact on my skin. Calming, soothing and relaxing as it goes hand in hand with the sensual aromas of the Radox muscle soak shower gel.

I've been having so many showers lately. Well, at least nobody will complain about me being stinky! The fumes fill my nostrils and I get ever so light headed for a few seconds before coming once again back down to earth. After a few more minutes, I make sure once again that I'm completely squeaky clean before reluctantly switching off the water and stepping out into marble tiled floor of the bathroom. I grab a fluffy white towel and attach it around my waist before padding softly on through to the bedroom once more. 

***6 hours later***

I check myself on last time in the mirror before I head out the door. I've decided to play it a little bit more casual than usual with my attire for my date tonight. Wait, is this a date? The question spins around in my head repeatedly making me ever so slightly dizzy.

''Woah, mate. Easy up there..'' I mutter quietly to myself as I take a deep breath and get back to my outfit.

Dark grey jeans, simple white shirt with a few buttons undone showing off some hair and tanned toned skin, accompanied with a smart black velvet blazer and Brogue shoes. A splash of Tom Ford cologne on my neck and behind my ear and I'm ready. I take a deep breath to steady my nerves before grabbing my wallet and keys, along with taking my phone from the charger and I'm off out the door of my bedroom, down the stairs and out the door to my car. 

About 15 minutes later, I pull up outside her address.

'Wow, she lives here?!' I say to myself, as I admire the tall block of apartments on the far side of west London.

I see the doorman open the door to allow a young couple and their baby boy walk out all holding hands.

'Cuties'

I slip my finger into my jeans pocket and pull out my phone. I scribble a quick message to Sophie letting her know I'm outside;

Recipient: Sophie Brooks

19:57

''Hiya Sophie, I'm outside but take your time. No rush. Gary''

Clicking send, I sit back in my seat and flick on the radio. I pay close attention to Heart FM when I hear them say that there is some new music coming from a good friend of mine, Michael Bublé. My mind is drawn back to that Christmas Special of his that we did a couple of years ago. I loved singing with him and would do it again in a heartbeat. I might actually try and get him in the studio in the future or something like that.

I'm pulled out of my trance when my phone sounds with a loud ding. Sliding my finger along the screen, I unlock it so that the message appears in front of my eyes;

Sender: Sophie Brooks

20:00

''Hey Gary, I'm just popping on my shoes and I'll be right down X''

My heart begins to beat a little bit quicker as I read the message again. I feel the flooding of excitement take over me and suddenly I begin to feel a slight moistness in my palms.

''Come on, Barlow. Relax, mate!'' I mutter to myself, just as I hear the door to the apartment block open followed by the words of the smartly dressed doorman; 

''Evening, Ms. Brooks. Lovely evening, isn't it?''

''Thank you, Charles. Beautiful evening right? Have a great night, love'' she politely replies to him.

I take off my seat belt and step out of the car and lightly jog over to the passenger door and hold it open just as she gets nearer the car. I take the few seconds I have before she gets to the car to drink her in. She's wearing a figure-hugging black dress that comes to just above her knees, her beautiful brown crinkled curly hair flows freely down to her shoulders and her dazzling blue eyes shine brighter than earlier on today. Wow! She looks amazing! 

''Hiya'' I say to her as she gets to the car.

I lean in and peck her gently on the cheek.

''You look stunning by the way, Sophie'' I breathe out as I open her door for her.

''Very chivalrous, Mr. Barlow. Thank you, you don't scrub up too badly yourself'' she says with a flash of her gorgeous smile as she slides elegantly into the car.

Her tanned legs glisten brightly in the street lights above the car. 

''So...'' she says as I close the door on my side and secure my belt and start up the engine.

''What does Mr. Gary Barlow do on a first date?'' she smiles over at me as I pull out on to the road and head off in towards the city.

''Well Ms. Brooks, that's for Mr. Gary Barlow to know and you to find out, isn't it?'' I reply simply, throwing her a cheeky wink as I drive off towards Mayfair and one of my favorite locations in the city.