Chapter 11

I read the message once again as I try and navigate my way through the streets of Chelsea and Fulham to get myself to Sophie's house. The SAT NAV is being a right twat here and after it sent me down the wrong road for the second time, I decide to pack it in and just go with what I know. I mean, I have been living in London and particularly west London for a number of years now so I know it pretty well, or so I thought. It's just I don't come to this specific part of London all that often.

I finally manage to locate Chesilton Road. I slow down as I go over a speed bump and grab my phone once more to see what number she said. 

'74...75..76..aha! 77 Chesilton Road. Here we are..' I say to myself and give myself a pat on the back for not getting lost and arriving with some time to spare.

I once again grab my phone from the passenger seat after I park up outside her house. I scribble out a quick message to let her know I'm here before I step out of the car and lean against the side as I take in the glorious sunshine we are blessed with here today in London.

Recipient: Sophie Xxx

19:52

''Hey, Sophie. I'm outside now. Take your time, no rush at all. G x''

Clicking send, my ears are once again met with that forever welcoming whoosh as the message goes off up into the sky. Taking the few moments that I have before Sophie comes down from her house, I have a look up and down the street on which she lives. It's very clean and I get the feeling of pride and tradition from this part of town. I can imagine that a lot of families are living here as there is a sizable enough park just to the end of the street with football goals set up and a park with full swing set etc. Yes, a great sense of family upbringing is what I get from this place. What's the bet she's a Chelsea fan though? We'd have some fun when Liverpool come down here to play them! My phone pings into life as the vibration sends a very childlike smirk to play on my lips as it vibrated through the back pocket of my chinos. Sliding open the message, I read it quickly;

Sender: Sophie Xxx

19:53

''Heya! Yep, I'll be down in two. Just grabbing my purse and getting the lift now. X''

Straightening out my jumper, I take a deep breath before she comes down. All of a sudden I feel slightly, well a good bit nervous. Why? Well because this is our first real date. I mean sure we went for drinks last night after dinner but maybe she didn't think I was being serious as I invited her for dinner when I ran into her outside Burlington Arcade.

The main door of the apartment complex is pulled open by the doorman and out she steps. I suddenly realize that I am considerably under-dressed. I just went for the casual look; beige chinos and a grey round neck jumper and yet here she comes in a floral blouse and jeans that highlight every curve of her magnificent figure perfectly. I bite my lip for a second before pulling myself together as she approaches the car. 

''Hiya! You look incredible'' I say as I lean in and place a kiss on her cheek and give her a little hug to say hello. 

''Hello you. Thank you very much. You look quite the handsome devil yourself, Gary. The casual look is sensible but very cute on you'' she winks at me as I take her hand and lead her to the other side of the car opening the door and helping her in.

''Quite the chivalrous gentleman, aren't you?'' she giggles at me as I shrug my shoulders and throw her a cheeky wink at the same time as if to imply 'what can I say?'