Chapter 68

***2 Days Later***

I bounce off the stage in The Shard here in London and it already feels that this buzz is not going to leave me anytime soon. That was one hell of a gig. The crowd was amazing! We were only supposed to do around 8-10 songs, but we ended up doing nearly 15 as the crowd was loving it. After getting the thumbs up to carry on from the main man, Mr. Shearer, we rocked into an encore of more classics and some new tunes were thrown in there also.

I take my phone from Elisa's outstretched hand and immediately open up a text to Sophie;

Recipient: Soph XxX

22:47

'Hey, babe. Literally just off stage. Should be showered and out of here in 20 minutes. Wanna meet me for a drink? Missed you. G xx'

Hitting send, I shove my shoulder against the door of my room and begin to get undressed and hit the showers. I want to be squeaky clean for meeting my girl later.

10 minutes later and I'm out of the shower. I pad across my room and take my phone in my hands once more as I gaze out from the top of The Shard at the London skyline which is blanketed in darkness but the lights of the city keep it alive. Sliding my finger across the screen, I see that I have a new message from Sophie;

Sender: Soph XxX

22:49

'Hi, cutie. How was the gig? Sure, I'd love to meet for a drink. I can be ready for 23:30 if that suits you? I know it'll take you some time to get back across town anyway. Let me know xxx'

23:30? That gives me just over 45 minutes to get dressed, into the car and get back home. I scribble back another message letting her know the plans;

Recipient: Soph XxX

22:58

'Hey, babe. Great. I will be leaving here in 5 minutes so I can be back at the house as soon as possible. I'll text when I'm in the car and on the way xx'

With that now sorted, I toss the phone on the side and get busy and getting dried off fully and dressed to go and get Sophie.

*****

Recipient: Soph XxX

23:04

'Just sat in the car now. On the way to my girl. See you soon. Can't wait for a big kiss and cuddle. Love you. G xxx'

Hitting send, I sit back and take a swig from my takeaway cup of tea that James had waiting for me as I got to the car. The man is truly something else. I would be so lost on this journey without him.

*****

Just under 40 minutes later, the car crunches up along the gravel driveway of my home here in West London. The car door is barely shut a few seconds when the front door of the house swings open to reveal Sophie looking absolutely beautiful in a navy jumpsuit and silver heels. Her hair is falling down on one shoulder and she has a simple silver clutch bag with it. She looks stunning!

''Wow!'' 

The words fall barely as a whisper, so she definitely could not have heard me. She is looking fucking amazing. No need for extravagant makeup or big fancy hair. She could be wearing raggy, tattered clothes and still take my breath away.

''Are you going to stand there and take my breath away all night? Or are you going to join your man for a drink?'' I say to her, breaking the silence of the West London night time.

A small smirk passes through her lips as she steps out from the door on to the top of the stone steps at our front door. She just goes to begin the descent, when I speak, halting her in her tracks.

''Oh, wait there. Let me drop this inside first'' I say, reaching back into the car and grab the suit from earlier in the suit carrier.

Quickly, I take the steps 2 at a time and leave the suit hanging up just inside the door. Pulling the door behind me, I turn to face Sophie who is leaning against the stone banister along the steps to the door, still looking absolutely phenomenal.

''I know I've said it already, but, fuck. Sophie, you look absolutely beautiful tonight'' I say as I step into her embrace and leave a light kiss against her cheek.

I feel her take a deep breath at the contact of my lips. Almost like I have an effect on her or something. Stepping back from her, I watch as she swallows deeply, sways a little from side to side ever so slightly. Placing my hand gently against her elbow, she looks up at me again quickly. Leaning forward, I kiss her firmly before linking my fingers through hers and walking her down the steps.

''James, can you drop us off at Electric House, please? We're in the mood for some drinks before tomorrow, mate'' I say to my driver softly, as we both slide into the back seats of the car.

''You got it, Gaz. Stop worrying about tomorrow. You know it'll be fine'' James says softly, looking back through the rear-view mirror as he starts the car.

''Tomor-...Gary, I told you already. Please stop worrying. Nothing is going to go wrong. They've met you before and they love you. Please, please do not worry about my parents''

Sophie's words fall softly from her lips before she reaches over and takes my hand. She slides over to sit next to me in the car and my arm wraps around her shoulder, holding her close to me.

''Stop worrying about tomorrow, Gary. Please don't worry. Not tonight anyway..'' she whispers softly, she leans up and pecks me softly on the cheek before leaving her hand dangerously close to my crotch.

'I might not even make it to the pub at this rate!'