Chapter 49

I stick my hand underneath the running water to make sure it's hot enough before padding back into the bedroom drying my hands with a towel. I see Sophie sitting on the bed as she flicks her hair back and kicks off her slippers. Even in her dressing gown - which she claims to be the most unattractive item of clothing that she owns - she still manages to look absolutely breathtaking, and I genuinely need to take a minute and remind myself that she is in fact mine as I subtly pinch myself to make sure that I, once again, am not dreaming as I look at her sitting on the end of my bed.

''Your bath will be ready in a few minutes, sweetie'' I say to her softly, as I lean against the frame of the door into the ensuite.

She looks up at me with tired eyes and it would not take a rocket scientist to notice that she had been crying or at least a little bit upset earlier today. I hate seeing her like this. It literally is heartbreaking watching or seeing the woman you love look so vulnerable and upset about something that she has genuinely zero control over. She didn't ask to be given that case. She was just chosen because 'she's the best lawyer' that her boss has. I know with all my heart that she is going to win this case because she is simply brilliant at what she does. Not to mention extremely determined and passionate for what she does. I know full well, deep down, that she will win this case and bring this coward and horrible human being to justice.

''Come here, babe. No tears, yeah?'' I say to her softly, as I pad over to the end of the bed and sit down beside her wrapping her up in my arms.

I plant a kiss in her hair and squeeze her tightly before releasing her and standing back up again.

''The bath is pretty much ready, babe. Just let me know when you are also'' I say to her as I pad barefoot in the ensuite once again and grab the bath salts and candles from the dresser in the corner and closing the door slightly behind me.

*****

I open the door a matter of seconds later to see a partially naked Sophie standing on the other side of the threshold; towel wrapped around her chest, covering up her modesty. Looking absolutely flawless of course.

''There she is, my little rockstar. Come here'' I say softly to her as I reach out and take her hand, leading her into the bathroom.

She gasps slightly at the sight before. Not to boast, but I pulled out all of the stops; candles, scented bath salts, fake rose petals in the water, a bottle of Champagne on ice in the corner. I did the works!

''Gary? What is this?'' she says in pure shock.

''I wanted to spoil you. No offense but you look shattered and it breaks my heart to see something like this upsetting you this much. So I thought that I'd treat you. You deserve it''

I smile at her, taking her hand in mine and lacing my fingers through hers.

''I get to wake up to your face every morning and if I could get to do that every morning for the rest of my life then this is the absolute very least that I could do in an attempt to make you feel as happy as you manage to make me feel every day''

I let out a big breath that I didn't even know I was holding in. Her eyes widen slowly and slightly, before a small smile begins to play on her lips.

''Gaz..'' she says in a quiet breath.

''..I don't know what to say''

''There's nothing to say. No need to say anything at all, babe. I just needed you to know just how much you mean to me, and this is just a baby step. Wait until you see what I have in my head for the rest of the week'' I whisper at her before pulling her lips on mine to stop her from questioning my latest comments.

I manage to unhook the towel from underneath her arms, so that it falls from her body completely to reveal her flawless and toned body. I have to bite my lip at the sight of her just to not let a moan escape my own lips.

I pull away from the kiss breathlessly and pull her by the hand towards the bath. She gently lifts one leg over the side, followed by the other and then sinks beneath the bubbles, allowing them to cover all the way up to just above her breasts. I reach over to the bucket of ice next to me and pull out the bottle of champagne and the glasses. I pop the cork as gently as I can and pour the lightly golden liquid in to the two glasses and then hand one to Sophie before taking the other one between my fingers.

''Cheers, gorgeous'' I wink at her with a big grin plastered across my face.

''What are we toasting to?''

''To you and me, and the first of many holidays that we will take together. I love you, Sophie''

''I love you too''

***clink***

The liquid slides down the back of my throat effortlessly. I sit down on one of the small steps leading up to the bath and roll up the sleeve of my hooded zip top. I dip my hand in the water and see that it's still nice and hot but not too hot for it to be burning Sophie. Swirling my hand around in the bubbles, I cannot help but smile as I see Sophie fully relaxing in the water now.

''You alright in there, baby? I'll leave you to relax, Sophie'' I say to her as I pick myself up from the floor and wipe my arms 

''You're not going to join me?'' she says looking up at me with big puppy-dog eyes.

Again, the smile that comes across my face is impossible to resist from happening.

''How could anyone say no to that face?'' I say to her before pulling my hoody from my shoulders and dropping my jogger bottoms to reveal my semi hard cock.

''Scooch up then. I'll go in behind you''