Chapter 26

I check the clock in the car as I eventually pull up outside of Sophie's house.

12:39

''Not too bad, Barlow'' I mumble to myself as I slide my phone out of my front jeans pocket to let Sophie know I'm here.

Recipient: Sophie xx

12:40

''Hiya, I'm outside now. Take your time though, absolutely no rush. G xx''

Hearing the swoosh from the iPhone letting me know that the message is gone, I sit back in my seat and flick on the radio and listen to my mates Emma and Jamie o Heart FM. I'm actually going to visit them the day the album comes out. It'll be good to see them again.

Just as I'm about to break into a full chorus of the new Coldplay single that is dominating the charts, my phone pings in my hand.

Sender: Sophie xx

12:44

''Hi, Gary. Sorry about this, I can't seem to find one of my shoes. Would you mind helping me look for it? I can't leave the house without one shoe and it's an outfit thing blah blah... I can buzz you in? Apartment 3B. So sorry about this.. xx''

She is literally too cute. Of course, I will help her look for them. I quickly scribble a reply message telling her that I'm on my way up now.

Recipient: Sophie xx

12:46

''Of course, I'll help you look for it. Buzz me in and we'll find it in no time. G x''

And with that being sent, I slide out of the car, lock it and bounce up the stairs to the front door of the building.

*****

The door is left slightly ajar so I peak my nose in around the door.

''Hello..?'' I call out.

Hearing no reply, I push the door open slightly to get a better look, still keeping my feet on this side of the threshold.

''Hello? Sophie?'' I call out again.

''Up here, Gary!'' I hear a voice drift down the stairs.

I make my way up the stairs to the second floor.

''Which room are you in?'' I ask softly as I find myself on the landing facing 3 different doors.

The door to my right swings open revealing a red face and slightly flustered Sophie.

''I had one before I got in the shower after you left, and now I can't find the other one'' she sighs as she points to her feet; one left bare and the other donning a simple black pump.

''Take it easy. We'll find it'' I reassure her as I step past her, dropping a swift kiss on her cheek before removing my jacket, throwing it on the bed and quickly surveying the room.

''Okay. What did you do before you got in the shower, Sophie?'' I spin around asking her, trying my hardest to get the images of her naked and wet in the shower away from the front of my mind.

''I went to the closet, picked out my outfit to wear for lunch and left it on the bed. Then I went and got the shoes and placed them down...''