Chapter 4

September 14, 2018
Runaway baby- Bruno Mars
Rockstar- Post Malone, 21 Savage

    Another week of school starts again. I literally started getting tired of school already and it's so boring. This week, the school was getting decked out with purple for Cancer Week. I had to start my Monday morning going to a National Honors Society (NHS) meeting. It was totally fun. I love waking up an hour early, and not having enough time to get coffee. 

    However, within three weeks of knowing each other, you began to pick up on my caffeine addiction. You saw that I'd have an iced coffee in my hand almost every day. That Monday, you came to school early and stood at the auditorium doors waiting for me with a cup of coffee.

    "A venti iced white mocha with four shots, four pumps of white chocolate mocha sauce, and no whipped for my favorite shorty," You recite as I laugh and do my little food dance. 

    "Where's mine?" Bia jokes.

    "At the store, duh," I laughed.

My heart rate spiked. Must be the coffee. I mean, no one else memorized it, so you were special to do so. Monday would go on like any other day, and so would the week. Friday comes rolling in and everyone would get ready to welcome Ms. Wouters back to school even if it's just for the game. Everyone was wearing purple and buying the purple shirts to donate to cancer awareness. The varsity football team would wear their purple jersey over the clothes they were already wearing. Some of the players would act like they were the shit. It brought a smile to my eyes to see them on the sideline. Love that the jerseys were to be worn in support of cancer, but red and purple don't really go together.

That Friday, you had also gotten me a coffee. The exact same order from Monday and you got yourself the same one. I, honestly, didn't think you were a coffee guy, because you literally only ever drank water or Gatorade. 

"I don't know how you drink this, like it's too sweet even with four shots," you cringed as you drank the coffee. 

"You act like Gatorade isn't sweet," I retorted.

You still finished the drink and I don't think that was the best choice. You got really hyper after and everyone thought you were on drugs. The normal Theo Schuster was laidback and chill, while the caffeinated Theo Schuster was loud and being the annoying kid that thought they were BFFs with everyone. It was a note to self moment, to not let you drink coffee. Although, it was funny watching Mr. Hayes, Mr. Harrison, and Coach all looked at you like you were crazy. Their favorite player had gone a little wild after drinking some coffee. By lunchtime, you were back to normal again. Tre would tease you about hyper Theo afterward.

While, yes, the focus of this week was the Cancer Game, some of the girls were already planning for homecoming. Kiki, my very-invested-in-my-love-life friend, thought it'd be a cool idea to try and find me a date to HOCO. It wasn't a smart idea, but I just rolled with it. She was dating Jalarean or had a thing going on with him at least, so her list of "Potential HOCO Dates for Athena" consisted mostly of football players. She took the whole ordeal too seriously. She asked me, "What's your type, preferences, ideal height? Older, younger, or the same age? What are your plans so far for homecoming? What color does he have to look good in?" The questions went on and on while I sat in AP Chem. She quite literally said, "Okay, I'll put together a whole list of potential dates when I get to lunch." I laughed and just shrugged off her text as a joke thinking that she wasn't going to do it. Little did I know, she had already drafted the so-called list when I got to English. 

"Alr so I made a very short list because your standards be high. First, we have Austin who you already know because mans always hits you up he maybe a little thirsty but he's sweetheart and he's taller than you just like you wanted. Second, we have Kristy he sits at my lunch table and he's funny asf he's on the football team number 55 also taller than you ofc who isn't. Lastly, there's Charles also on the team number 62 very much taller than you, quiet, from my government and sits behind me, cute, and seems very sweet," Kiki texted at almost the end of class.