Chapter 18

November 30, 2018

Angel Baby- Troy Sivan

Little Things- One Direction

Football season, finally, comes to an end as your basketball season starts up. You are quite the student-athlete. Unlike football season, I didn't plan to go to your basketball games. Bia would go for Martin. Kaia and I planned to do our own thing during game days and the group would just meet up at Bubba's after the game.

"You should come to my game today."

"I can't. I have AP Chem to study for and FRQs to do," I declined.

"Just one game, Lucky Charms. Please," you sulked as I smiled and still shook my head 'no'.

"What am I to do without my Lucky Charms," you dramatically hummed.

"Win the game and then we all meet at Bubba's after," I laughed at your dramatics.

The rest of the school day blew by in a breeze. Jalerean finally understood the meaning of 'no'. He unadded me from Snapchat, like it'd hurt my feelings. Him and Kiki broke up, for good at this point. She was dating some other kid from Dakota or something. Now, it was just us two. No more Jalerean drama and no more punch.

"Did you and Theo talk about what he said about you being his girl?" Kaia asked as we walked to my truck.

I finally got a car that wasn't going to fog up the windshield like my old Toyota Camry did. It wasn't a new car, but it was my late uncles and it worked like a charm.

"Nope. Maybe we'll talk about it later," I responded as we made our way to get coffee before going to her house.

After my answer, we left the topic at that again. We went to get coffee and made her way to her house. Jason joined us at her house a few minutes after we got there. I was left third-wheeling when they were all loved up with each other, but it didn't bother me. I softly smiled at them as they whispered lovingly to each other.

At that moment, I too want to be loved up with someone. I want to exchange loving whispers with someone. I want to feel the immense love that radiated off them with someone too. I want someone to look at me like I hung up the stars and moons like the way Jason looked at Kaia. I want someone to be so enamored with me like Martin was whenever he's with Bia. I want the little things that came along with the love they had for each other. "Maybe one day," I silently thought as they broke apart and we got ready to leave for Bubba's.