Chapter 28

February 8, 2019

Suga Suga- Baby Bash, Frankie J

Get you- Daniel Caesar, Kali Uchis

I had worn the bracelet everyday. We'd sit in first period together and you'd just mindlessly play with it. I had kept tugging at it tighter, fearing that it'll fall off without me noticing, and the little plastic part that made it a bracelet broke. My thought was to take it off and just tie it to my backpack, but you had other ideas.

"We'll just tape the plastic part together. Then it'll hold the bracelet together again." you say as you went to find some tape.

I just stood in the hallway as you went into a random class to ask for some tape. It was awkward and funny all at the same time. You eventually came back with a piece of tape. We stood and laughed as we taped the bracelet back together. Some random kids were walking past and giving us a look as we continued to laugh.

"This is the stupidest thing I've ever done." I laughed as you taped the bracelets' plastic piece together.

"Call me Bob the Builder for fixing this."

I laughed at your joke as we continued to walk around instead of sitting in the library like we should have been. We stopped at your locker as we wandered around, like we haven't seen all of the school in the last few years we had been going here.

"I got you a birthday present. It's late, but still." you say as you look around in your locker for whatever it was.

After a few minutes of your shuffling, you handed me a gift bag. I gave you a small thank you as I looked up at you with a smile. You told me to look at it before I started shuffling through the tissue paper. It felt like fabric as I reached the gift. I pulled it out and it was a Valentines You Matter hoodie by Demetrius Harmon. I let out a quiet squeal as I put it back in the bag and pulled you into a hug. I love the hoodie. I had been wanting a You Matter hoodie since forever and I had wanted to get the limited edition Valentines bear one when it launched but it had sold out before I could even get to it. I couldn't believe that you had gotten it for me. You smiled at my excitement over the hoodie as we continued to walk around.

"I would get you a hoodie every day if that means you get that excited over it." you laughed.

"Oh please do. I love hoodies."

You shook your head at my answer as the bell rang and other students started to rush out of class. The rest of the day went by in a blur. Bia skipped going to the basketball game and went home to get ready for our little 'fancy' dinner and pictures instead. I went out with Veronica to get boba before I went home to get ready as well. Bia, Kaia, and I were on-call with each other as we got ready. I showed them what you got me as a present as we multi-tasked, doing our make-up and brainstorming outfit ideas. Not only are we nosy bitches, we are also procrastinators. If we had chosen an outfit beforehand, we probably wouldn't have been running late as you and the boys waited at the restaurant.

"He got you a hoodie? Bare minimum in my opinion." Kaia joked as we rushed to finish getting ready.

"It's a limited edition one that I had been wanting. I didn't tell him about it."

"Now that's more than bare minimum. How'd he even know about it?" Bia defended as I shrugged to her question.

I didn't know how you knew about it. I didn't tell anyone about it. I didn't really care either because I still got it anyway.

"I'm hanging up so I can drive. See y'all later." I said before hanging up as I slipped on my heels.

The drive to the restaurant wasn't long. When I got there you, Martin, and Jason were standing at the front doors waiting. Bia and Kaia didn't seem to be there yet.