Chapter 52

August 31, 2019

It's game day. Ryan, Andrew, and I were gonna fly back a few hours after the game ends. I can't believe I told my parents I was going to a concert when I'm literally in another state. We hadn't talked much the many weeks prior. You were juggling football and classes and I wasn't gonna distract you from it.

"He's gonna be so excited to see you." Andrew bubbled as we sat in the uber to the stadium. I truly hope you are, because I am. We sat further up and away from the field, but I'm sure you could see us. You gave us a little wave when you did. The game was starting and you got to play for the first two quarters.

"You know he paid for your ticket and told me not to accept any money you give me." mom says as we watched the game and the boys get angry at some points in the game. I shook my head at the information and muttered a sorry as she grinned at me.

"You're definitely gonna be my daughter at this rate." she gushed before we turned our attention back to the game. As promised, I was at your first college football game. UND won the game and once that was declared, we all scrambled to get out of the stadium. Ryan took my hand, to prevent me from getting lost in the crowd, as we walked outside. People started to head back to their cars and leave, while some stayed around to wait for the players to come out. We were part of the few that stayed.

"Wanna bet that he's gonna engulf you in a bear hug before any of us." Donnie challenged me as I shook my head.

"He wouldn't."

Donnie just shrugged and said that you would as we waited. Some of the players were making their way out and we stood there trying to see if you were coming. As soon as dad saw you, he shouted your name and you bolted over to us. As Donnie predicted, you scooped me up as you quickly greeted everyone else. Donnie gave me an 'I told you so' look before going into conversation with you and dad. We all stood around talking a bit before mom said that Ryans', Andrews', and my Uber was here. We said our goodbyes before getting onto the Uber to catch our flight back home.

"I'll talk to you later, Roos." I say before giving you a quick kiss.

"Okay. I love you."