Chapter 29

February 10, 2019

It's Sunday and party time. The family started arriving some time after 1pm. Veronica stayed the night last night, so she was stuck helping out before getting ready for the party.

"I haven't told you this for like months, but there's this boy."

"Who? When? Where? How?" she questioned as she stopped doing her makeup.

"His name is Theo. We met in August at a football game."

"That's like six months! I'm only knowing about him now?!?!" she shouted as I gave her a nod with a tight lipped smile.

We spent the rest of the time with me telling her all about you. She was the first person I had told that was considered family. You were the first boy I've told to a family member. You're quite something. We eventually joined the birthday party and the night went by in a blur. The second family member I told about you was Owen. I didn't give as much detail about you like I did with Veronica, but he knows you exist and are present in my life. You, Theo Schuster, are someone so special to me that you got an unofficial introduction to my family members, even when I don't tell them about any boys that had been in my life before. Maybe the next people I'll actually officially introduce you to are my parents.