Chapter 66

May 5, 2020

Happy birthday, Roos and happy graduation to me. There was a limit of only two that could come to the ceremony, so you were stuck at home watching it on TV. It was a quick ceremony and once it was done, I was free to do whatever for the next hour or so before I left for a road trip with my family.

"Congratulations!!" You and your brothers cheered as I walked into the house. I smiled as the confetti flew all over the place. I thanked them as I laughed while you guys scramble to clean up the confetti.

"For you." You smiled as you handed me the bouquet of roses. I smiled as I held the flowers close.

"Are you staying so we could hang out?" Andrew questioned.

"No, I can't. I gotta get home to get ready to leave for a roadtrip to Florida in a bit."

He frowned at the answer, bummed out that we couldn't hang out before I left. We chatted for a little while longer before I had to head home. I said bye to you all as you guys tell me to have fun.

"I'll get you a keychain." I quietly laughed as you walked me out to my car.

"I'll be waiting for it then."

We stood there smiling at each other for a few seconds before I turned and got into the car, putting the roses in the passenger seat, and waving bye to you again before driving off. Maybe it is gonna be different this time.