Chapter 30

February 14, 2019

Cupid's Chokehold- Gym Class Heroes

Dandelion- Ruth B

Another week of school flew by. The same old routine. Valentine's day was today and they were selling flowers that could be sent out yesterday throughout the entire week. I didn't expect any flowers, but I still got one from you. The little note with your terrible handwriting read, "Happy Valentine's sweets." Zeph teased me about it while we sat in Clancy's class. I just brushed him off. I watched Bia and Kaia get their Valentines gift that morning and it was adorable. Jason and Martin had spent the week trying to figure out what to get for them. They had kept asking about their favorite flowers and freaking out on where to get them since the regular grocery stores probably won't have them. I never knew I was gonna witness two football players freak out over flowers in this lifetime.

"I got you something for Valentine's."

"Yeah the flower." I smiled before saying thank you for the carnation as you shook your head.

"Nope. There's something else." you say as you hand me a card and a small box.

I hadn't gotten you anything special, just a lot of gatorade and another hoodie that I will steal, but what you handed to me felt like it cost too much already.

"No no no. We agreed on not expensive gifts." I declined as I tried to give you the box back.

"It's not expensive."

"It feels expensive..." I say as I open the box.

It was an Alex and Ani bracelet that had a little avocado charm on it. The avocado charm had 'you guac my world' engraved on the back of it. It was so cute.

"To replace the broken dollar bracelet." you smiled as I put the bracelet on and stuffed the box into my backpack.

I whispered a small thank you as I looked at the gold bracelet on my wrist. I am never going to take that bracelet off for anything. The rest of the day flew by. You had practice and I went home. My dad tasked me to get my mom flowers since he was at work. I stopped by Krogers to pick up some flowers and you called.

"Hiya! Where are you?" you greeted as you watched me look at the assortment of Valentine's day flowers at Krogers.

"Looking for some flowers for my mom since dad forgot and he's at work until late."

"Oh... Well choose the roses she has a lot of rose bushes so she'd love those. Also I got you something else too, so tell me when you get home so I can stop by." you commented as I looked at you with 'are you kidding' look.

"Roos, the bracelet and the card was more than enough. You're spending too much money on me."

"Like Donnie said, anything for you princess." you laughed as I went with your recommendation of roses since she does love them so much.

Once I put the roses into the basket, I made my way to check out and told you I'd be home in 10 minutes before hanging up. With the roses in the passenger seat, I made my way home. When I got home and wrapped the roses in colorful tissue paper and put it in some water in my room instead of the kitchen in case she came home earlier than dad before heading to take a shower. By the time I finished showering and put on the Valentine's hoodie you had gotten me for my birthday with my sopping wet hair, dad was home and told me that there was someone in front of the house waiting for me.

"Who?"

"I don't know. He has curly hair and he's sitting in the white Equinox that's parked in the driveway." Dad shrugged and pointed at your car before walking away.

My eyes widened at the fact that you had probably just met my dad before making my way outside in the cold, forgetting about my wet hair and shorts, to your car.

"C'mon inside since you literally met my dad." I said as you rolled down your window.

I turned back around and ran inside once the cold hit me even more. I stood by the door as you grabbed something from your backseat and made your way inside. We stood in the living room as my dad waved and walked from the kitchen and into his room. We gave each other a smile like we were gonna burst out laughing at any moment as dad walked past us.

"Great first impression if I say so myself." you laughed as soon as we heard him close the bedroom door.

"He doesn't even know your name." I rolled my eyes.

"No rush but my mom should be home in like 20 minutes and I do not want her to meet you while you look like you just ran a marathon."

"Of course, I can't have a meeting with my future mother-in-law looking like a dumpster rat, so here." you smiled as you handed me a bouquet of roses and baby breaths.

They were beautiful. They looked like those beautiful bouquets that you'd find on pinterest.

"They're beautiful. Thank you Roos." I thanked as I take them from you

Beautiful flowers for a beautiful girl." you say as you make your way out the door and I cringe at your comment.

"Mhmm... Bye Roos. See you tomorrow." I laughed as I gave you a quick kiss before you ran to your car.

"Love you!!"