Chapter 8

October 5, 2018
Time of Our lives- Pitbull, Neyo
Young and Alive- Bazzi

Monday came and we were ready to find out more about what went on between Kiki and Jalerean after he hit me after homecoming.  We had another group chat without the two of them and told them about it. We were nosy bitches that were friends with more nosy bitches. The group wanted Kiki to leave him since it wasn't the first time he had tried to hit someone up while he was with her. None of us had seen Kiki for almost half the day, so we didn't get to ask her about it. Monday was just the same old boring Monday. The only change we had was having Zephaniah, or Zeph, join into our routine. Before you came into my life, it was me and Zeph that would get to school, a little too early, and wander the halls until our other friends came. I texted Kiki, asking where she was. She never responded but we got our answers to what happened between her and Jalerean when we got to the gym. They were arguing as I was about to walk in, but I turned back around before they caught sight of me to get to the locker rooms instead of chatting before class started. You, on the other hand, weren't so lucky in avoiding having to walk past their confrontation. The boys locker room was right next to where they were standing as they argued, so you had to speed past them in order to not get pulled into their conversation. 

    While I was in the locker room, Kiki walked in, looking very angry as she approached me. "Jay said that you're lying and that the screenshot was edited. Let me see your phone." she demanded as I unlocked it and handed it to her.

    "He's such a fucking liar!" she yelled as she handed my phone back before storming out of the locker room, leaving me standing there doe-eyed at what was happening.

    I quickly locked my locker and made my way after her. As soon as I made it into the gym after her, you came over next to me as we both stood by the doors while the two went at it with each other. Jalerean tried to manipulate her into thinking that it was her fault for his actions as she argued back. Harrison stepped in and stopped them from continuing to argue in front of everyone in class. As soon as they were separated, everyone just went back to what they were doing before.

    We started talking as we waited for Harrison and Hayes to start class. Soon, Jalerean came out of the locker room and made his way over to us.

    "You should've kept that text to yourself if you had wanted to be my girl." he says as my jaw drops at the fact that he was still trying after arguing with Kiki about it.

    "I never wanted to be your girl. I will never want to be either."

    He scoffed at my response and walked away. The rest of the time in class went by as peacefully as it could be with the combined class for a lazy day and Kiki and Jalerean being in the same space with one another. The tension between the two of them was too much to handle, so once the class was allowed to go to the locker room to change everyone rushed out. We left class early and met up with Josh as we walked around the halls. We stopped at your locker for you to grab some books. Josh and I were talking about stuff that had happened over the weekend when you suddenly body slammed him into the lockers. I honestly thought you were crazy. However, the two of you just started to play fight in the middle of the halls before a hall monitor made you guys stop.

    The week flew by. Kiki didn't really show up for the rest of the week and didn't answer anyones texts. Jalerean went on and acted like nothing had happened. The game was a senior night, which meant the theme was a black out. The seniors, including you, on the team were excited for the senior walk. The team was hyped to be wearing new black jerseys for the game against Stevenson. Kaia kept talking about how hot you guys, mostly Jason, would look wearing black jerseys for the game. Bia and I just laughed at her rambling on how fine Jason would look. Kiki, eventually, showed up today. Turns out she had forgiven Jalerean. We weren't happy about her choice, but it was a choice she had made and we weren't gonna say anything about it anymore. Kiki and Jalerean were so lovey-dovey with each other that it almost made everyone uncomfortable. Jalereans motto should be mansplain, manipulate, manwhore