Chapter 16

November 17, 2018

Livin' in a dream- The Neighbourhood

Disaster- Conan Gray

You had one more game to win before the final big championship game but at this point, almost everyone, especially the team was over with football and all the training. Barbu said that he loved how far the team has made it but he didn't want to keep on practicing anymore. You came into school whining about how practice was; "sooooo tiring."

"Just tell coach that y'all don't want to go to practice anymore or something," I suggested, like it was a simple solution.

"Just because coach gets along with you, doesn't mean he isn't the meanest person on that field, especially during practice," you retorted as you took a big sip of my coffee.

"Doesn't hurt to ask for a break," I smiled as we continued the usual routine of wandering the halls before class started.

Zephaniah comes along as we make our way to your first period. We gossiped a little about the latest drama or the newest couple as you settled your stuff in the classroom and continued walking with us.

"Did you know Jalerean and Kiki broke up again?" Zephaniah asks as we give him a 'are you serious?' look.

"Why are we so surprised? They break up with each other five times a week or something," I say nonchalantly.

"If he kept his teeny weeny in his pants, maybe they wouldn't break up so many times," you retorted, rolling your eyes, as we dropped Zephaniah off at his class and him agreeing with you.

After dropping him off at his class, we made our way to my class and continued with the gossip until the devil himself, Jalerean, made his way over to us.

"Hey, can I talk to you alone for a minute?" Jalerean asked as he eyed you.

"No, you can talk to her while I'm standing here," you rejected as he rolled his eyes.

"It's fine Rooster. Just stand over there," I nudged not wanting you two to get into it this early in the morning as you made your way to the entrance of my classroom still keeping an eye on Jalerean and I.

"So what'd you wanna talk about?"

"You really call him Rooster? Anyways, we broke up," Jalerean says as he chuckled at your nickname that I had given you.

"What does that have to do with me?" I replied with a confused look.

"It's final this time. I want y-"

"No. I'm not gonna date my friend's ex-boyfriend nor would I date you even if you weren't her ex." I shot back before he could finish his sentence.

"You're always like this. I know you want me. You know you want me. She isn't gonna care. You always reject me without even giving me a chance," Jalerean says, irritated at my rejection again.

"I literally told you before that I-"

"She literally told you in front of a bunch of people to leave her alone so back off," You interrupted. "Let's go."

You grabbed my hand and led us to my classroom, leaving a seemingly defeated Jalerean behind.

We both elected to not talk about what he said before you left to get to class. However, I informed the group of what had just gone down.

"He's literally so fucking dumb for not getting the hint the last time you told him off," Jason texted as the group chat agreed.

"He's got a big head with a pea brain," Bia joked as Martin responded saying, "head empty one thought: Athena."