Chapter 61

January 22, 2020

Maybe they were right to be so cautious of you. The communications were dying again like it did the last time. Everytime I called, you only stayed on the line for 10 minutes, 20 minutes max.

"I'm not ignoring you sweets. I just have exams coming up and I know that you have exams coming up too. We both know we can't be a distraction to each other when it comes to school, you'd keep from studying by just looking at me."

I laughed at your excuse as we stayed on call. You had called first this time. We used each other's presence through the phone as a companion as we studied for whatever class it was. Maybe they weren't right, but I still can't blame them for worrying about me. We quietly joked with one another as we studied. That caused some distraction, but we always managed to get back on track.

"Alright, I'm giving up. Oh, did you hear about COVID spreading to the US?" you say as I hear you close your book whilst I continued on with mine.

"It's getting bad but there's no way it can be that bad."

"Hopefully. Also, what did you send me? I haven't gotten around to opening it yet." you questioned as you shuffled the box around on the screen.

"It's your Christmas present that I didn't give to you. Just open it."

You obeyed and started to cut the tape. It was a simple UND hoodie.

"Another to the collection." You chuckled, you of course had a free supply of UND hoodies and this one seemed to just be another addition to it.

"Look inside the right hand sleeve."

You looked at me confused as you fumbled around to look inside the sleeve. You eventually saw it. A little dangling gold heart charm, sewn on the inside. It was a little Blair Waldorf moment. I had binge watched Gossip Girl and she had sewn a pendant on Nate's sweater, so he'd always have her heart on his sleeve. Now, you had my heart on your sleeve and hopefully we'd end up like Blair and Chuck, not Blair and Nate.

"That's so cute." You smiled as you looked at the charm. It was a dainty little thing that was hanging from the sleeve. We talked a bit more as the night came to an end. We said goodnight and hung up the call. You'll now always have my heart on your sleeve.