Chapter 43

June 1, 2019

Out of my league- Fitz and the Tantrums

Feel this moment- Pitbull, Christina Aguilera

I got up at five am to get ready for your graduation ceremony. My parents didn't question what I was doing up so early since I usually slept in on weekends.

"Are you up early for that boy I've seen around?" dad asked as I finished getting ready.

I nodded as I fixed my hair and touched up my makeup a little before putting my heels on. I wore a light lavender romper and decided that black block heels would be good enough.

"Bring him around sometime. He seems like a nice kid." dad says as I open the front door.

"Mom would kill me. Alright, I'm leaving. Bye bye."

"She wouldn't care as long as you keep your grades up. Bye. Drive safe!" he shouted before shutting the door.

The drive to your house would've been short if I didn't stop to get coffee. I arrived at your house at seven o'clock and your parents were already taking pictures of you and your brothers when I parked my car.

"Hi!"

"Morning sweetheart!" Mom greeted me before turning back to you and your brothers.

Everyone quickly greeted me and turned back to what they were doing. I smiled as you and your brothers goofed off as mom and dad took pictures of you all. I took some pictures of all of you guys together before we had to start leaving to get to where the ceremony was going to be held.

"Alright, me and your mom in one car. You and the boys in another. While, Theos' driving his own car to get there first since we don't have to leave just yet." Dad said as you gave me a quick hug before getting in your car to leave first.

"I gotta grab some stuff but if you and the boys don't have anything to get, you guys can leave first." Mom says as she hands me four tickets.

We decided to leave first. I sat in the back with Ryan since he lost rock, paper, scissors to Andrew for shotgun and Donnie was the driver, of course.

"Actually, can we stop to get flowers?" I say as Donnie pulls out of the driveway.

"Awww. I want flowers too, Athena." Ryan teased as Donnie just nodded.

We stopped at Meijer on the way and quickly walked inside like we were on a mission. We stopped at the floral section and I looked at all the flowers, while they suggested which bouquet I should get you. I ended up getting a bouquet of red roses. Once I checked out and paid for the roses, we scrambled back to the car and made our way to your graduation ceremony. Miraculously, we got there at the same time as your parents did. Mom was holding a bouquet as well with an assortment of flowers as we walked inside and tried to find seats. We had to sit further back and the ceremony, eventually, began. The long two hour ceremony finally came to an end and we all scrambled to find you as you exit from wherever you were seated in the front.

"I found him!" Andrew shouted as he pointed over to where you were standing, looking around.

I held onto Ryans' arm as we pushed through the crowd to get to you. Mom engulfed you in a big hug as soon as we reached you. Dad gave you a proud smile and handed you the flowers they had gotten you as your brothers and I congratulated you.

"Congratulations Rooster." I congratulated as I handed you the roses.

"D1 highschool football champion, star quarterback, district basketball champion, and you finally finished high school. You have it all."