Chapter 67

May 12, 2020

I had gotten back from the road trip just yesterday and now I was sitting on FaceTime with you as you showed me your TV screen of you winning whatever game it was.

"I have no idea what I'm looking at." I laughed as I gave you a thumbs up and a smile. You didn't say anything other than the fact that you had won whatever game it was you were playing with your friends. We stayed on call for a bit longer before I went to take a nap. When I woke up, I went out with my parents and some cousins as we all hung out and just talked about whatever.

It felt normal. I still have you in my life and we were content. Some of the older cousins that didn't know you, didn't seem to care about the texts I would get from you as we hung out in the back patio of one of the cousins' houses. The counting that knew you existed didn't seem to care either. We sat and talked about the upcoming wedding with the pandemic still raging on. I get to wear a pink traditional Vietnamese dress (ao dai) for the ceremony and it would be the first time I've worn one. I had planned to wear it for graduation, but it would've been way too stuffy with the sudden hot weather Michigan was having.

"So, are any of you bringing a date?" The bride-to-be asked the group as some answered no and others said yes. I shook my head no, not wanting to risk having more people coming to the small church with COVID still being a problem. The bride-to-be told those who are bringing a date all the protocols and made sure that we were all gonna be tested two days before the wedding, so no one gets COVID. I thought graduation season was chaotic, but I guess wedding season with a pandemic is even worse. The night consisted of more wedding planning.