Chapter 65

April 24, 2020

The last time- Taylor Swift

"You know, they did get back together just for her to cheat again." Donnie says as he, Ryan, Andrew, and I sat at TopGolf waiting for you and dad. It's been over a month since I last saw you. Every time your brothers want to hang out, we'd hang out where you weren't around. I felt bad that you were cheated on again for the third time. I didn't say anything as you and dad arrived. You sat down in front of me with a sad look as I looked anywhere but you. I wasn't a golfer, so I just sat back and watched while munching on the snacks.

"C'mon. One hit. I'll show you how to do it." Ryan says as he holds out his hand, waiting for me to grab it and get up. I sighed as I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand to stand up. I could feel your stare at our intertwined hands as he tugged at me to the putting area, or whatever it's called. He stood behind me, guiding my hand where to hold it, and hit the ball.

"Not bad for the first time." He teased as I playfully hit his arm and handed him back the golf club before making my way back to my seat. As I watched and munch on snacks, you came and sat down next to me this time. I didn't say anything, just ignoring your presence.

"We broke up again..."

"I heard, sorry about that." I replied, monotone.

"Are we still... Are we still friends?" You asked. I didn't respond right away. What was I supposed to say? We've been here before and it always seemed to end the same.

"I can't just not have you in my life, please."

"Okay." I quietly whispered, still not wanting to look at you. Maybe the ending will be different this time, I hope. I can't just not have you in my life either, so let me prolong this friendship just a little longer. The rest of the night flew by. We took one step forward. We may not be like we were, but I'll settle for this best friend position again for the third time.