Chapter 15

November 11, 2018

Where the flower blooms- Tyler the Creator

The following week went on like any other week. We spent most of the day watching Netflix and then focused on our work when needed. Friday rolled around and our group was getting hyped for the game. We minded our business and didn't talk much about the game. You had spent the weekend teasingly asking for your so-called promised kiss and I continuously told you to get it from Ryan since he was the one that promised it.

"Are you and Bia still organizing the donation closet after school?''

"No, someone else signed up before we did this week. Why?" I responded as we tried and sneaked out for lunch.

"So who's driving you to the game?"

"The girls are all ready at Bia's house. Well, Kaia and I are, but I don't know about Kiki. She's been too occupied by Jalerean." I said as we walked out to the student lot and beelined to the car before the security guard caught us.

"So are you wearing my jersey again? Three in a row." You questioned with excitement.

"Nope. I will be dressed in layers because it is way too cold to show off number 9." I shook my head as you overdramatically pouted.

"You hurt me so much. Just wear it with–"

"No, because that thing is too tight: Compromise and I'll wear your hoodie or something that can be layered." I interjected as we pulled into Mcdonald's drive thru.

You ordered what we usually got and we had a whole side conversation on who's paying. You kept smacking my hand as I handed you the money and pulled me back when I tried to give it to the worker since you wouldn't take it. You won and paid for the entire thing as we got our food and went back to the school.

"Okay compromise. You're gonna wear my hoodie. Remember to bring gloves or your hands are gonna freeze off." Yu resumed the conversation as I munched on my food.

"I don't own gloves."

"How do you not– You live in Michigan and don't own gloves? What–" You said looking at me like I'm a weirdo as I shook my head.

"I fit kids gloves and all I ever find is cartoons on them and I'm not five."

"Con of being small." You laughed as we got out of the car.

We, unsuspicously walked into school with the Mcdonald's bags and I threw away my trash as you ate your food. We walked past the security guard and he didn't even care. We went to sit at the staircase in the gym hallway. You continued to eat and we talked about whatever as you ate. By the time you finished eating, the bell rang and we made our way to class. It turned out Kiki and Jalerean had gotten into a fight. She didn't really say much on why but she said she was going to the game with his parents. The rest of the day went on as usual. While in English class, Mrs. Clancy asked about you as class started and then questioned Charles about the game when he walked in. I went to my seat next to Zephaniah and laughed at how Charles kept trying to end the conversation with her.

"I'm dropping this class." Charles sighed as he walked past us to put his phone in the phone cubby..

Zephaniah and I laughed and teased him by asking him the same questions she did. He rolled his eyes at us as he sat down. Class flew by quicker than usual since we watched "My Sister's Keeper". As soon as she let us pack up and get our phones, you popped your head into the class and waved before popping back out before she saw you. Zephaniah shook his head and went to stand by the door as I got up with him.

"There's like three minutes left of school. Why are you at the door already?" Zephaniah questioned as he got to the door.

"To walk out faster, duh." You shrugged as he scoffed at the answer.