Chapter 64

March 13, 2020

1 step forward, 3 steps back- Olivia Rodrigo

Yours- Conan Gray

"What's the Spring break plan?" Ryan questions as we leave school. I shrugged not really knowing what the plan was. I never really made plans and they're usually last minute. He rambled on and on about how his plans would've consisted of golfing with dad and the others, but we were now entering quarantine. It's supposed to be only two weeks, so we basically get an extra week of break.

"There's nowhere that's gonna be open, but we can still make the best of a break at home." I say as he pouts at the thought of staying home for two weeks straight.

"Can't you come over? That's not restricted."

"If my parents let me. If not, then nope."

I laughed at his little scoff before he left and I took the ousting and brother home. You called as soon as I walked into my house.

"Me and you. Stargazing. Tonight." You greeted me as soon as I picked up the call.

"What makes you think I'd say yes?"

"Because I'm your Rooster." You grinned as I shook my head at you. Yes, you are my Rooster.

"Where's Sofia?"

"She left on Valentine's Day. Not my problem anyways. But seriously, stargazing tonight, please?" You say as you give me puppy dog eyes

"Okay. I'll be over at like six."

You hurrayed as you heard my answer. We talked a bit more about anything and everything before I hung up to take a shower. I texted my parents to let them know I was going out before leaving. When I arrived at the house, Andrew greeted me before I went off to find you. You stood by the backyard door, grinning as I walked towards you.

"Let's go!"

You tugged me along outside, making sure to close the door so no bugs get inside, and towards the daybed. You laid down and grabbed my waist pulling me down with you.

"Look at our stars." You say as you point at the three stars shining in the night sky. We laid there talking about everything as we looked at the stars. As we talked, your phone kept going off. You would look at it and then just ignore it. I would've left it alone until it kept going off when you left to get some snacks. Curiosity took over me as I grabbed your phone. The bright contact name stared back at me as I looked at your phone, Sofia. She was spamming you with texts nonstop.

"I'm sorry, Theo. I love you, I do." One text read amongst the million others. That didn't matter until I saw a text that you sent her.

"We'll talk about it later."

That was the text that mattered. That's the text that had her blowing up your phone as you sat here and stargazed with me. You saw me holding your phone when you sat back down with sacks in hand.

"Athena..."

"Do you still love her?" I whispered as I looked at you, placing your phone down.

"Listen, she just needs a friend to talk to. She's been going through a lot and-"

"And you're the only friend she has? She surely cheated on you twice, I'm sure she has plenty of friends." I jabbed as you stayed quiet. That was all I needed as an answer as I got up to leave. Why couldn't we stay so in love like we were on July 3rd? Why couldn't we have just stayed so deeply, honestly, and completely in love like we were on July 4th? Why was it always Sofia, Sofia, Sofia? We took another three steps back that night.