Chapter 59

December 31, 2019

It's been five days since what you said. We slowly went back to the way it was before you had left for college. It's New Year's Eve. Unlike last year, I spent it at home alone. I sat in bed as I watched the ball drop countdown on my laptop. As the countdown happens, I heard soft knocking on my window. I opened the blinds, there you stood in a hoodie and sweats. Your face was red from the cold as I hurriedly opened my window.

"What are you doing here?!" I quietly whispered to you as you gave me a goofy grin. The same goofy grin that would always melt my heart.

"Wanted to spend New Year's with you." You shrugged as you climbed inside. I tell you to stay quiet and not to make any noise as the countdown gets closer and closer. I turned the volume up, in hopes that it would conceal the fact that there was a boy standing in my room with shoes on at almost midnight on a random Tuesday night.

"Why would you do that?! You could've just FaceTimed me!" I hushed.

"I can't do this over FaceTime."

"Do what?" I ask in confusion and caution.

"This." You said with a grin as Happy New Year's was heard from my laptop.

You cupped my face and pulled me into a kiss. You definitely could not do that over FaceTime. I smiled into the kiss as I realized what you meant. I pulled away with a smile before I hurried you back up the window as we both giggled like school girls. Before you ran back to your car, you gave me another kiss. I closed my window and watched you leave before closing the blinds with a smile.

"Can you turn your video down? It's loud." My mom says as she opens my door and I scramble back into my chair. I nodded as I turned the volume and she walked out. You came back to me after all.