1.6 Stephen Strange

You and your Dad were sitting in the lounge room of the Avengers Headquarters.

Stephen had you placed on his lap and held a sketch of a human body in front of your face, showing and naming you the major veins of the body.

"And this, darling, is the internal jugular..." He says, pointing on the picture. "Not to confuse with the external jugular, which is here..." He shows you again. To be honest, you had no idea what was happening, but you enjoyed the picture your Dad was showing you and you loved it when he talked.

Stephen obviously knew that you understand only minority of what he was saying, but he felt deep down that you are going to be a smart-ass like him and decided to teach you early, very early.

"Now, darling, show me the jugular, will you?" He asked playfully, not expecting you to react. But to his surprise you lifted your little hand and drew it closer to the picture. Before touching it though you stopped and looked up at your Dad "which?", you asked, genuine interest in your voice.

Stephen let out a breathy laugh and the picture slipped out of his hands. "I knew it! Wong-! Wong, get over here, now!"

"Come on, darling, let's show everyone how smart you are!" He says, kissing your head.