4.4 Bucky Barnes

It was quiet in the car, so quiet that Bucky could hear your heart beating. Or it was his, he wasn't sure. But what he was sure off, was that he was mad, angry even.

Today, your principal called him, claiming you'd hit a boy in the hallway and that you are to leave school immediately. Bucky was laughing at first, telling the principal he must have the wrong number, but it quickly turned out that he didn't. Bucky went quiet and immediately went to pick you up.

Twenty minutes later, you were sitting in the backseat of your Dads car, biting your nails anxiously, glancing at your Dad every now and then, but his eyes were fixed on the road.

He was stopping at a red light when he first spoke up. "I raised you better than this."

"But-" You tried to protest.

"You can't just go around hitting kids! I thought that you and that kid were friends?" Bucky hissed and shaked is head in disappointment.

You merely shrugged and looked out of the window, fighting the tears that threatened to spill. Obviously, you weren't just going around and hit people, because your Dad was right, you were raised better than that, but you had your reason.

"Why did you do it?" Bucky asked, eyeing you through the rearview mirror.

You shrugged again, not quite trusting your voice to not give up on you.

"Come on, Doll. I want you to explain yourself."

You sniffled and stayed silent. You didn't want your Dad to know. Not because you did something wrong, not necessarily, but because the reason why you hit that kid will hurt your Dad more, than the broken nose the kid now had.

"Y/N." Bucky warned. "Words. Now."

You sighed. "He was talking bad about you..." You mumbled.

"What was that? Doll, you have to speak up."

"Because he was talking bad about you!" You snapped, and sunk down into your seat.

Bucky looked at you surprised. That wasn't the answer he expected, or hoped for.

"He said that he knew who you were and that his parents were talking about you all the time. He said that you were a bad person in the past and that his parents told him, people like you would never change." You told him. "And his parents said that they feel sorry for me, because you're not a good papa..."

"Doll-"

"But I told him that's not true, that you are the best papa in the world, but he was just laughing at me. So I hit him." You finished.

It was quiet in the car after you admitted this. Bucky kept driving and took the first exit that lead you to a parking spot. He turned off the engine and exited the car. Bucky took a couple of deep breaths before he opened your door and kneeled in front of you.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked you.

You shrugged. "I didn't want you to be upset."

Bucky swallowed around the lump in his throat and leaned in to hug you tight. You wrapped your arms around his neck and sniffled. "I'm sorry, Papa." You muttered.

"It's okay, Doll. I'm not mad anymore."