3.4 Bucky Barnes

After he woke up from another nightmare, Bucky lay in his bed, staring at the ceiling. He knew he wouldn't get any sleep this night, but it was too early for him to get up. Unsure of what to do, he turned on the TV and got comfortable under the covers and focused on the screen in front of him.

Unknown to Bucky, you weren't sleeping either. You were in bed, rolling around and sighing as another hour without sleep passed. You were freezing under your blanket, but were too lazy to turn on the heater, so you suffered.

As you turned around once more, you suddenly heard noises coming from your Papas room.

Figuring that it would be much warmer in his room and definitely more comfortable, you threw the covers back. You hissed as the cold air hit your skin, but got out of bed anyway.

Your seven-year old self padded down the corridor carefully, making sure that you weren't making any sounds.

You pushed open Bucky's door and clambered into bed next to him. Bucky stretched out an arm from under the covers, creating an opening for you to slide in.

"Can't sleep, Doll?" He wondered.

"Cold." You replied shortly, the warmth of your Papa already lulling you to sleep.

"What are we watching?" You asked, trying to push the tiredness down.

"We aren't watching anything, Doll, because you have to sleep." He mused.

"But you need sleep too, Papa!" You stated.

Bucky chuckled at your antics and turned off the TV.

"Already, Doll." He smiled. "Come here." He wrapped the blanket around you and hugged you closely, watching you, as you closed your eyes and fell asleep.