5.10 Peter Parker

"Why are you so sad?" You asked your older brother, who's been in a bad mood for a couple of days already.

"Nothing..." Peter mumbled quietly. "Nothing." He repeats a little friendlier, obviously trying not to worry you.

"Yeah, sure." You roll your eyes. "And I'm good at math." You joke and sit down next to him, your legs dangling off the edge of his bed. "You can tell me, you know?" You mutter. "Lately, you don't tell me anything anymore."

Peters sighs, knowing that you're right - he had been distant lately. He was busy: school, being Spiderman, and his friendship with Ned and Mj had taken up all of his time, so much that he barely spends any time with you or Aunt May.

"I'm sorry." He apologised. "It's been... hectic lately."

"Why?" You asked, your eyebrows furrowed slightly. "You're not... in trouble, are you?"

Peter can't help but laugh a little at your worried expression. He puts an arm around your shoulder and pulls you close to him. "I'm not in trouble, no." He chuckled. "It's just -" He shrugs. "A lot is changing. We're graduating and will go to college soon, my relationship with MJ is new, too, and the world isn't getting any saver either."

You listen closely to what Peter's saying: it's true, a lot is changing in his life, and now that you know what bothers him, you understand why he has been so distant.

Though you're a couple of years younger than him, you experienced change in your life, too. You get where his worries are coming from.

"Will you get better?" You ask carefully, a little afraid of what the answer might be.

Peter stays silent for a moment, thinking about an honest answer. He knows that his answer won't just affect him, but you, too.

"I don't know." He answers truthfully. "I will adapt to all the changes, and once that happens, new changes will come." He shrugs. "I don't think that you'll ever get truly used to it, but that you rather manage to live with it." He explains and looks down at you, waiting for a reaction.

"Is that a good thing?" You ask, looking up at him.

"I don't know." He sighs. "But i hope so."

You nod quietly, letting the words sink in.

"Will you go out with Mj tonight?" You ask.

"I've planned to, yeah." Peter says. "But I think I'd rather spend it with you." He smiled. "And maybe watch a movie. Who knows... maybe Aunt May will join us."

"Really?" You look up at him, your eyes beaming. "Oh, that's great! There's this new movie adaption they made of my favourite book--" You ramble. "I think you and May might enjoy it, too--"

Peter watches you ramble on, knowing that spending some time with you will give him a little hope and make him forget about his troubles for a moment.