4.9 Sam Wilson

"Princess?" Sam called from the kitchen. "Could you come downstairs, please?"

You sighed and pulled away from your desk, abandoning your homework. "What?" You called back, hoping he would forget whatever it was that he wanted from you.

"Now!"

When you left your room and stood on top of the stairs, you saw Sam pacing in the kitchen. You carefully made your way down the stairs and stopped in the doorway.

Sam heard you and stopped his pacing, turning to face you.

"Detention? Really?" He stated, brows furrowed.

Shit, you thought. You didn't know your teacher had called him.

You stepped into the kitchen and perched yourself up on the counter. "It's not what it looks like." You shrugged, smiling an unconvincing smile.

"No, mhm. We're not playing this game again." He sighed, pointing a finger at you. "You have to learn to take responsibility for your actions."

"And? It was just a bit of swearing. It's nothing."

"Nothing?" Sam yelled. "You insulted your teacher, God dammit!"

You flinched at his outburst. Never ever have you seen Sam so angry. You looked down where your hands laid in your lap, fidgeting with your fingers.

"You can't do this! You can't!" Sam pinched the bridge of his nose and turned around, taking a couple of deep breaths before he faced you again.

"I want you to apologise to your teacher -"

"Okay." You interrupted him, agreeing with him.

"And -" Sam continued. "As your punishment, you'll help me with the boat this Saturday." Sam smirked.

"Wha-? No!" You complained. "Saturday is my day with Bucky! He planned a whole day for us, lunch and drinks and-"

Sam merely shrugged and left the kitchen, finished with the lecture.

"Dad! Come back!" You ran after him. "I'll do everything else but please, not Saturday!"

"Sorry, Princess." He teased and went out the front door. "Remember, take responsibility!" He yelled before he shut the door and left you alone in your misery.