2.10 Peter Parker

"Oh, come on May, please!" Peter begged. "Just tonight!"

May was already putting on her coat as Peter kept following her through the small apartment, keeping the argument they had, going.
He wanted to go out for patrol, but May had a night shift tonight, which means Peter had to watch over you.

Meanwhile, you sat on the living room floor, playing with your toys and watching the argument with curiosity.

"I told you already, I have work." May sighed.

"But-" Peter thought. "But can't you change shifts with one of your coworkers? You did this before." Your brother suggested hopefully.

"Peter, give it a break, alright? You watch over your sister and I got work to do, understood?" May said sternly.

"But-"

"Peter Parker! Do you understand?" May demanded.

Peter's shoulders slumped down and he bowed his head. He knew that the argument was over.

"Understood..." He muttered.

"Great, now, you have a baby to watch." May smiled and grabbed her keys. She walked over to you and kissed your head before she opened the door and left.

Peter sighed in exaggeration, balling his fists and muttering something under his breath. He walked into the living room and slumped down on the couch, covering his face with his hands.

You watched your brother carefully. Peter was rarely so angry and it never happened in your presence, so seeing him like this worried you.

You wanted to cheer him up and play with him but Peter wouldn't even look at you. So you took matters into your own hands.

Peter got you to stand up before, but you never really walked, so, finding your balance as you wobbled on your feet was quite difficult, especially without Peter's help. It took you a moment to steady yourself, but soon you lifted your foot and placed it in front of you. And then the over, and the over again, until you stood next to the couch, glancing over the edge at your brother.

"Peter!" You beamed at him, stretching out a hand to touch his face.

"Wha-!" Peter yelped, staring at your face peeking over the edge. "How did you...? Did you walk?"

You nodded and let out a bubble of laughter.

Peter sat up immediately and picked you up. He put you on his lap and started tickling you. "Did my sweet princess just walk?" He cooed as he tickled your side.

You nodded again.

Peter laughed and shook his head in disbelief. "You're growing up so fast." He said and hugged you tight until he realised something:

He didn't record. You just made your first steps and Peter didn't catch it on camera. May's gonna kill him.