4.6 Stephen Strange

"Wait, what?" Stephen spoke, astonished. "Detention? For two weeks? Why?" He rattled.

When you heard the word detention, you looked up from your spot on the couch for the first time since Stephen picked up the phone.
You grew more and more uneasy whenever your dad would glance back at you, a look you couldn't quite read on his face.

"Alright, yeah." Stephen sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "I let her know, thanks for calling." He hung up and turned to face you as you started fidgeting under his gaze.

Stephen walked over and sat down next to you on the couch. "That was your principal." Your Dad stated. "He said you were caught cheating on your math test today. Is that true?"

You looked down at your hands that were still holding your phone and shrugged.

"Darling." He spoke. "Is it true?" Stephen asked as he hooked his fingers under your chin and lifted your head.

You nodded, trying hard to keep your tears at bay.

Stephen let out a heavy breath at your confession. "Why?"

"I was failing." You muttered. "And that was my only chance to do better." You wiped your tears.

"Darling, I wouldn't mind if you were failing math." He smiled. "And neither should you. You tried your best and that's all that matters to me."

You shrugged again.

"Y/N," Your Dad sighed as he pulled you into his side. "I know this is important to you, but you're allowed to make mistakes. Nobody will be disappointed, okay?"

"Okay." You agreed.

Your Dad smiled at you as you got more comfortable on the couch, not letting go of him.