3.9 Sam Wilson

Sam unlocked the front door and quietly stepped inside. He slipped out of his jacket and put his keys on the kitchen table, before he walked into the living room, where you were still up and watching a movie.

As you heard your Dad walking in, you turned off the TV to give him your full attention. "Papa!" You greeted him. "How was it? Is she nice? Am I going to meet her?" You ramble, excited to hear about your Dad's date.

"Calm down, Princess. Give your old man a second." He chuckled.

You rolled your eyes. "Not today! I want to know everything!"

Sam sighed and slumped down on the couch next to you. "I dunno, Princess. I don't think she wants to see me again."

"But- why not? I thought you liked her?" You asked.

"I do, I do like her. But she doesn't seem to like me back." Sam whispered, holding back a couple of tears.

"Please don't cry, Papa." You tried to comfort him. "I bet she was mean away." You mumbled, trying to brighten his mood.

"It's alright, Princess." He said. "Maybe I'm just not made to be in a relationship."

"Don't say that, Papa! You'll find the right one soon." You hugged Sam tightly.

For a brief moment, you two are just sitting there in the quiet and dark living room, but you soon decided that your Dad needed some cheering up and comfort.

You jumped up from the couch and speeded into the kitchen where you collected various snacks and soft drinks. You went back into the living room and put them on the small table, then you turned the TV back on and got comfortable again on the couch.

"What are you doing, Princess?" Sam asked, confused with your behaviour.

You just shrugged and pulled a blanket over you and Sam's lap. Then you took the remote and pressed it into Sam's hand. "You choose."

"Alright." Sam smiled and pulled you closer to him, watching you carefully as you reached for the snacks, eyes fixed on the screen.