Ch. 25: Friend or Foe

"J-Jay...! What are you doing here?" With a nervous tone, as if she were hiding something, Heejin greets Jay at the door as he stood there, having just opened it.

She didn't expect to see him so soon... Not especially with what she had behind her, something she wished she could clean before the boy ever came to see it.

But it was too late.

"What are you talking about? This is my clas-" Jay stops his words, and as soon as Heejin noticed him freezing, she realizes that he had seen... and there was no way he would back down now.

"Jay, wait," Heejin tries to stop him, trying to grab his arm as he passed her only for him to shake it off.

"Let me go!" With his strict command, the girl quickly does as she's told, and with a regretful heart, she only follows him quietly as Jay approached his table, all covered in horrible and mocking words pointed against him.

"Go back to where you came from, brat!" "Selfish, disgusting punk!" "Learn to clean up after yourself!" "You don't belong in this school. Just leave!" "Can you even do anything else other than fight?" "What an idiot!"

Murmurs come from the students as they all watched Jay, standing over his table and reading all those written on it with a darkening face. Meanwhile, Heejin stood just behind him silently. But when the boy grips the edges of the table, all fall silent... and they stand there, as if waiting for what will happen next.

"Is this... what you would have wanted to happen?" With a low voice, Jay almost threatens his classmates, a sarcastic smirk forming on the edge of his lips as his grip on the table tightens. "Is this... what you really wanted to do?"

Crack!

The sound of wood cracking suddenly echoes across the silent room, and just as everyone began to become aware of what it was, Jay explodes in anger.

"ARGH!" Shouting in anger, Jay lifts the table and throws it across the room, causing the students around him to panic. "You wanted this, didn't you?! Get this, then!" Kicking a nearby chair this time, the students yelp in fear, and that only seems to anger the boy even more.

"Jay!" Heejin calls his name, trying to calm him down as she approaches him, only for her path to be blocked when the boy pushes another table infront of her. Heejin steps back, and she quickly goes around it as she continues trying to get the boy's attention. "Jay, stop!"

Finally, she grabs Jay's arm just as he's about to kick another chair, and she pulls on him to make him turn to her, only for him to retaliate at her instead.

"Jay-"

"This is all your fault!" Jay suddenly yells at her, and in response, Heejin only widens her eyes as she looks back at him surprise.

"W-what...?"

"Shut up! Don't act like you're innocent! You're the only one who could have known so how else would this rumor have gone around?!"

Heejin felt hurt. She definitely did. After all the things she's done to try and help him... after all the things they've been through together and the time they've spent together, how could he just accuse her of doing something that would put him in harm? Still, because she valued their friendship, Heejin tried to stay calm as she spoke to the boy. "Jay, please... Just calm down-"

"How do you even expect me to calm down after all of this?! You-"

"Well, HOW CAN YOU EVEN SUSPECT ME OF DOING SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO YOU?!!" Already being taken over by her emotions, Heejin suddenly yells back. And a big mistake it turned out to be, since her raising her voice at him would only cause Jay to do the same.