Ch. 52: Camping Trip Reminiscences

A nervous sigh comes out of Heejin as she stands outside the faculty room with Heeseung and Jay, all three of them waiting for whatever verdict Ms. Song comes up with in response to the fight that had happened in Junior Class 3-3.

They definitely weren't expecting this. The older Lee siblings especially, since it has never really occured to them that their youngest sibling would ever even think of getting into a fight. Something must have definitely happened to push him to that extent.

"Who was that kid he was fighting with, anyway?" Heejin eventually asks with a frown and her hand still on her forehead.

"Isn't he new? Didn't you keep track of why he came here?" Jay asks back in response, and in return, gets a rather annoyed answer from the girl.

"Well, I knew he was expelled from his last school but Yang Jungwon was, too, and did it seem like he was too much of a problem?"

"Right," Jay responds, eventually turning away before looking back towards the door of the faculty room again. It's hard to hear anything that could be going inside, though, but if anything, the teens standing outside are just hoping the silence means they're easily reaching an understanding.

And then, the door opened.

Heejin's brows rise when the first set of eyes she meets are Taehyun's, him being the one who opened the door. A second later, however, she shifts her gaze towards the younger students behind him, glaring at Jihyun as he avoids everyone's eyes, softening her gaze at Sohee who also kept her head down, and finally, sighing at Jinwoo, before she runs up to him and smacks the back of his shoulder.

"Ack! Noona, why?!" the boy whines as he rubs his shoulder and turns to his sister before the latter proceeds to scold him.

"You could have told me or Jay at least if you were in some sort of trouble! Do you know how worrying it was seeing you in a fight? You can't even fight to defend your life!"

"Well, I did get to punch him a few times."

"That's not the point. Who even told you to get into a fight with someone?!"

"It happened in a spur of the moment, alright??"

Heejin almost scolds him again, her face twisted in a frown and her eyes wide, but then another person comes out of the faculty room, and speaks to defend Jinwoo.

"Jihyun was bullying someone in their class before Jinwoo went and attacked him," Jungwon's voice catches everyone's attention, making them all turn to him, and he continues explaining before his eyes wander and turn towards Sohee. "The person he was bullying was Sohee, that's why she's here, too. He just got suspended for two weeks as a result. Frankly, I would have done the same had I been in the room. Probably even worse."

A frown forms on Heejin's face as she listens to this newcomer's words. Of course, she's still bugged about Jungwon seemingly trying to steal away Jinwoo's chances with Sohee, and she even almost confronts him for it if it weren't for Jinwoo catching her attention.

"But... noona... hyung..."

Heeseung and Heejin quickly turn to him, concerned. Jinwoo hangs his head as he shares the grim news, and Miss Song's verdict that had occured in the faculty room.

"Ms. Song had said that if Jihyun gets into trouble again, he'll definitely get expelled. Our school's always a last resort for students. If he gets expelled here, too... where else is he supposed to go?"

Much in opposition to what Jinwoo expected, an unimpressed expression forms on his older siblings' faces in response. And then Heejin slaps her hand onto his shoulder.