26

a/n: I hope y'all enjoy, because writers block stinks 🙁

Avery POV
A Few Weeks Later

"Hey, can I run something by you?" I said as I placed Tatum on her play mat, before plopping down on the couch next to Hai. "Yeah" she said as I cleared my throat, "I know your father isn't big on birthdays, but this year is different" I said softly.

"What were you thinking?" she asked as I let out a sigh, "I don't know, the past couple of years we did birthdays low key, you know, just the two of us or something with the family. But he's gonna be fifty" I said as I shrugged.

"I really don't think your father would care for a huge surprise party" I said as I shook my head, as Hailie copied my actions. "I don't think so, either" she said, "and if he ever knew we were planning something, he'd shut it down real quick"

I sighed, "I was thinking of talking to Denaun about it" I said as I shoved a handful of popcorn into my mouth. "I just wanna do dinner with all of us, and literally the ten people he talks to" I said. Hai let out a laugh, "you're overestimating, dad maybe, talks to five people" she said as I rolled my eyes.

I ran my hands over my face, "your father is an introvert, but he knows when and where he wants to be present" I said as I walked into the kitchen, grabbing a few Tupperwares out of the fridge.

"I'm about to head out, you wanna stay here?" I asked as I got everything packed up. "Where are you going, we're hanging out" Hai said as she quickly furrowed her eyebrows. "To the studio, I'm gonna bring your father some lunch" I said as I grabbed Tatum. Hailie shrugged, "I'll stay, I need to edit the podcast for this week" she said as she grabbed her computer.

"Okay, I'll see you later" I said as I grabbed my keys and walked out the door, to the car as I strapped Tatum into her car seat as she babbled away.

--

"Tay, you ready to surprise daddy with lunch?" I asked as I unbuckled her, and started walking into the studio. She continued to babble and tugged on my shirt, balling it in her tiny fist as I stood outside the door of the studio, watching the guys hover over a sound board.

I softly pushed open the door, bags and baby in hand as their attention quickly turned toward me, "hey, lil' mama let me get those" Ryan said as he quickly grabbed the bags from my hands as Marshall took Tatum.

"What are you doing here, baby?" Marshall asked as he furrowed his eyebrows, "its her nap time" he said as he looked down at his watch. I shrugged, "someone is not wanting to nap today, so we decided to come see daddy and bring y'all some lunch" I said as Marshall chewed at his lip, digging his fingers into my hips a little tighter.

Without hesitation they dug into the food, "Marsh, I wanna know how you're not five hundred pounds, with Avery cooking for you all the time" Ryan said as he shook his head and shoved another forkful of food in his mouth.

Marshall let out a chuckle, "the belly I have is because of her. My ass is in the gym six days a week just so I can eat" he said as we made eye contact, before he shot me a wink. "I think setting up some stuff here for Tay, was the best thing" I said as I glanced over to Tatum who was hanging out in the standing walker.

"Look at those little toes, ah, look at them dangling" Denaun said as Tatum smiled, scrunching her nose up at him. Marshall let out a laugh, "just in case I need to take her, she can at least be comfortable and have her toys to keep her busy" he said.